• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Xlztt

Well done guys. I have my assessment centre - TEA-Occ Consentration test, Group Bourdon Safety test, Train Ability parts 1 and 2 at the end of May.

I've been reading through the Scotrail related threads for a few weeks now. Any advice, hints or tips?

Thanks,

Xlztt.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Senshi

Aye judo a was mate, seemed like forever ago, you got any further with the process?

Nice one Ryan what did your medical consist of?

Ryandfs

Aye judo a was mate, seemed like forever ago, you got any further with the process?

Just the usual stuff mate. Blood pressure, ECG, drug and alcohol screening. It will be fine. I got an offer this morning, start date of 25th of May. Chuffed to bits!

Jydo

No further yet mate, still got my one life remaining lol, best of luck to you all starting and to those about to sit assessment

Senshi

Nice one mate :) ive just sent my disclosure away so Sandra will recieve it next week same as my medical results so you never know I might be starting in the same pool, she said to me June though so might be a week or 2 after :) well done man!

Ryandfs

Nice one mate :) ive just sent my disclosure away so Sandra will recieve it next week same as my medical results so you never know I might be starting in the same pool, she said to me June though so might be a week or 2 after :) well done man!

Cheers fella. Might see you in the passing bud. Best of luck for the 1st

DanTheMan

Senshi, congratulations buddy. I was on same assessment days as you. Started induction this week. All the best bud ;o)

Ryandfs

Senshi, congratulations buddy. I was on same assessment days as you. Started induction this week. All the best bud ;o)

Hi mate, how's the induction going? I start on the 25th. Do they issue uniform etc in the first week?

Xlztt

Well done guys. I have my assessment centre - TEA-Occ Consentration test, Group Bourdon Safety test, Train Ability parts 1 and 2 at the end of May.

I've been reading through the Scotrail related threads for a few weeks now. Any advice, hints or tips?

Thanks,

Xlztt.

Can anyone who has attended the first assessment day above with Scotrail confirm if there will be an interview on the same day pending test results? There is no mention of it except in the study pack I have been sent.

Many thanks,

Xlztt

Ryandfs

Can anyone who has attended the first assessment day above with Scotrail confirm if there will be an interview on the same day pending test results? There is no mention of it except in the study pack I have been sent.

Many thanks,

Xlztt

There won't be an interview on the first assessment day. The next stage is the driver manager interview, followed by a second assessment day with the MMI interview.

Senshi

Well, Passed the medical and disclosure came back clean (as I knew it would), should receive my contract in the mail today. Start date for me is the 29th of June. Happy as Larry :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
would also just like to take this time to thank everyone and anyone who helped me throughout the recruitment process last year, im sure ive done this before but incasy you never saw it thanks very much. this place is definetly the best place for ANY info regarding rail jobs etc so applicants make the most of this!!

EastFifer

Hi guys, I'm new to this and would really appreciate anybody's advice on the train driver selection process.

I recently received an email saying that I'd passed my assessment part 1 and to await further details..

I believe the next step is the manager interview. Could anyone tell me what that really consists of and how do I prepare for it?

Many thanks.

MM81

I applied for a vacancy over a year ago, i was told I wasn't successful due to large number of applicants. Then yesterday out the blue I received a call asking me to go for an interview at motherwell next week as there are vacancies at this depot. Anybody else going for interview next week?

Senshi

Congrats! I've not got an interview as I start on Monday but well done, I know how frustrating it is waiting to hear back as I waited from march 2014! Congrats again!!

MM81

Well done senshi, it is frustrating, that was over a year i waited, surprised to get the call tbh. Where are you starting?

Senshi

Well done senshi, it is frustrating, that was over a year i waited, surprised to get the call tbh. Where are you starting?

Glasgow Central/Corkerhill/Shields are my depots with central being the main depot for me!

MM81

Think it went ok, they just said they would be in touch, didn't give a timescale.

Sprinter1408

Congrats! I've not got an interview as I start on Monday but well done, I know how frustrating it is waiting to hear back as I waited from march 2014! Congrats again!!

How did your first week go Senshi? I start on the 20th, just wondered what sort of things you did in the first week?

vit4

Hi guys, a bit of advice if it's alright please! I've emailed Scotrail but being a weekend I won't be able to find out until Monday.

I've mostly been applying for local positions (near London) but the thought of the total life change that would come with relocating for the trainee position with Scotrail was extremely appealing. I didn't really expect to hear back but was surprised to get an invitation yesterday to the first stage assessment in a couple of weeks :D The only thing is, in the interim of me applying for it and receiving the invitation, I got an invitation from another TOC for the same first-stage assessment.

I'm trying to find out the following:

1) If I pass the assessment in a few days time, will this be counted towards my Scotrail application?
2) If I fail the assessment in a few days time, would I be unable to take the Scotrail one due to a minimum time off between tests?

In other words, can I even do this Scotrail assessment?! :( The other problem being that the date they have given me falls on my night shifts, and would require me to somehow do London - Glasgow in five hours and then back for my next shift! :( :( I really hope that this can be sorted because I'd love a chance to go for this :(

Donachie

Hi guys, a bit of advice if it's alright please! I've emailed Scotrail but being a weekend I won't be able to find out until Monday.

I've mostly been applying for local positions (near London) but the thought of the total life change that would come with relocating for the trainee position with Scotrail was extremely appealing. I didn't really expect to hear back but was surprised to get an invitation yesterday to the first stage assessment in a couple of weeks :D The only thing is, in the interim of me applying for it and receiving the invitation, I got an invitation from another TOC for the same first-stage assessment.

I'm trying to find out the following:

1) If I pass the assessment in a few days time, will this be counted towards my Scotrail application?
2) If I fail the assessment in a few days time, would I be unable to take the Scotrail one due to a minimum time off between tests?

In other words, can I even do this Scotrail assessment?! :( The other problem being that the date they have given me falls on my night shifts, and would require me to somehow do London - Glasgow in five hours and then back for my next shift! :( :( I really hope that this can be sorted because I'd love a chance to go for this :(

As far as I know:

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

Good Luck.

Donachie.

Last edited:

Senshi

How did your first week go Senshi? I start on the 20th, just wondered what sort of things you did in the first week?

Went well, first day consisted of admin work getting contracts handed in, travel pass I'd etc in and getting uniform sizes. Rest of the week was Fire Training at Yoker, First Aid, AC Electrified Lines and touched on Track Safety. Starting PTS tomorrow so its all going good! Good luck to you all.

Richy3556

Anyone know when Scotrail are recruiting again. I failed at the managers interview in March so will try again when I can.

EastFifer

Hi guys! Have any of you had a managers meeting at Edinburgh Waverly in June and are still waiting to hear back?