• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Jen17

How do you know the application number?

regards,
Darryl

login to your scotrail account, under my applications you can request a copy of your application emailed to you. It has your application number on, mine was as expected - almost 13000. < The BBC published this number just after I'd sent mine off

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daz9284

login to your scotrail account, under my applications you can request a copy of your application emailed to you. It has your application number on, mine was as expected - almost 13000. < The BBC published this number just after I'd sent mine off

Hi there

Where abouts? As in the box at the top of the PDF it says my mame then in brackets has APP0000(many 0's)806. This number can't be the application number though as it's the same number for all my applications, and even the same number as my application submitted earlier in the year (Dumfries)

Last edited:

Kilted_Scot

I'm curious as to what depots are being prioritised for selection days. Can see from here that Glasgow and Edinburgh areas have made some selections already. My application was 2800ish in the pile. Are any of the people who have been successful in sifting already internal applicants?

Getting a bad feeling here...
Not heard anything and I am internal. They tend to do external first.

Jen17

Hi there

Where abouts? As in the box at the too it says my mame then in brackets had APP00000(many 0's)806. It can't be this though as its the same number for all my applications, even the same number as applications submitted earlier in the year (Dumfries etc)

I guess that's what everyone is using, maybe it's a user number based on when people register, rather than where people are in an application submission process? :s no idea!

going to read over previous posts...

Jydo

Think about it, they are not gonna start 100 drivers all at once, they will have groups of applicants in different batches and when they start the successful applicants their start dates will all be staggered. When I applied a couple of years ago my application was submitted in mid-March, telephone interview in mid-May then assessment centre was 2nd week in June. If I remember correctly there was a trainee driver class starting whilst other applicants (for same job) were only at the 2nd assessment stage. I wouldnt worry too much at the moment if you havent heard from them

Last edited:

The badger

Think about it, they are not gonna start 100 drivers all at once, they will have groups of applicants in different batches and when they start the successful applicants their start dates will all be staggered. When I applied a couple of years ago my application was submitted in mid-March, telephone interview in mid-May then assessment centre was 2nd week in June. If I remember correctly there was a trainee driver class starting whilst other applicants (for same job) were only at the 2nd assessment stage. I wouldnt worry too much at the moment if you havent heard from them

Hi jydo totally agree with you, hence scotrail saying successful candidates will hear in the next 4 or 5 weeks although some lucky ones have already heard like yourself,the rest of us will keep the faith.good luck mate☺

TrainGeekD

Does any one know if a history of anti depressants will go against you or if the TOC will check this information?

Stever1702

Does any one know if a history of anti depressants will go against you or if the TOC will check this information?

I'd imagine (my opinion only) that it would be taken into consideration but as with anything and any job will be taken into context and what and when it was all for. Anti depressant meds are used for numerous things, not just depression. I may be wrong though.

Kilted_Scot

No. As long as it is disclosed as per the medical forms request. They may ask you doctor for further information but will not affect your application unless it has affected your ability to work previously.

TrainGeekD

Does anyone know if the group bourdon test (or any other for that matter) is still done with pencil & paper or have they changed to computer based?

kickin aff

From the recent posts I've read, it appears that the successful applicants this far, are either hopefuls who have applied to west or east, is that correct? I have applied for north and have not heard anything back so I'm kind of hoping that this is the case.

Daz9284

From the recent posts I've read, it appears that the successful applicants this far, are either hopefuls who have applied to west or east, is that correct? I have applied for north and have not heard anything back so I'm kind of hoping that this is the case.

I've applied for all four, and heard nothing yet. but then i applied about 4 days before the closing date.

93djk

Hi all, I applied for the Edinburgh/Bathgate/Tweedbank plus the Perth/Stirling etc ones about 3/4 weeks ago, has anyone else heard anything back from these ones? I didn't see the "successful applicants will be contacted 4-6 weeks" until now, I can't say I'm feeling terribly hopeful... :(

hiall

I know an internal applicant who has got a date for assessment. Early November.

alstar

Starting to give up hope now - applied for Glasgow - heard nothing

i'm the same - i know they said between 4 to 6 weeks and nobody knows in what order applications are being processed but i'm not very confident now.. would be better to even receive a KB email if your application has already been looked at and never made it through the sift.

Hunter.ed

Has anyone else who has already done the psychometrics heard anything?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Does anyone know what the test will be yet?

It's a whole range of tests....have a look online to get an idea what you will do. It's all things like Group Bourdon and other attention and information retention tests. After the written stage you will have the computer tests. Again you will find a wealth of information online :)

Here's a good link to look at.

http://www.traindriver.org/assessments--interviews.html

Last edited: