• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi,

I have an existing 6 week season ticket but due to work commitments i'm deferring my holiday and so will need to travel for an extra week before my holiday.

Is is possible to extend an existing season ticket by an extra week?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Hi,

I have an existing 6 week season ticket but due to work commitments i'm deferring my holiday and so will need to travel for an extra week before my holiday.

Is is possible to extend an existing season ticket by an extra week?
No, unfortunately. However, there's no great loss as 6-week and 1-week season tickets are calculated at roughly the same rate on most routes.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
No, unfortunately. However, there's no great loss as 6-week and 1-week season tickets are calculated at roughly the same rate on most routes.
They are most certainly calculated at very different rates, not "roughly the same".

"6-weekly" season tickets are calculated at the "monthlies" rate, and pro rated for any days longer than a calendar month, which is cheaper than "weeklies".

For a one-week extension, the difference may not be substantial however as it is only for seven days especially for one covering only a small distance.

PeterC

Established Member
"6-weekly" season tickets are calculated at the "monthlies" rate, and pro rated for any days longer than a calendar month, which is cheaper than "weeklies".
So roughly one and a half monthlies? I haven't looked at doing this since BR days but back then I am sure that it would have been calculated by adding monthlie. weeklies and returns to the required number of days.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
So roughly one and a half monthlies? I haven't looked at doing this since BR days but back then I am sure that it would have been calculated by adding monthlie. weeklies and returns to the required number of days.
A 6-week long season ticket is costed at 3.84 x weekly base rate (same as the weekly rate except for longer distance market-based flows where the base rate is cheaper), plus any odd days in addition to the calendar month (so varies in number of days depending on the month the ticket starts in) at 0.128 x weekly base rate for each additional day (roughly).

The 6-weekly season ticket should be just under 1.5 x monthly price.

Status
Not open for further replies.