• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeking your views about a Diesel locomotive that is for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranzitjim

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
Apparently its a yellow Rolls Royce engined 4wd shunting engine, chain driven in reasonable order, was reworked in 1991 and is on sale for £5995.

That may sound unhelpful but that's probably all anyone on here could tell you because that's all that's there. If you really are interested contact the seller, find out where it is now, where it was working and a works number. Then someone could probably tell you a lot more.

Teaboy1

Could easily be half as much again in road transport costs. Do some homework first regrading haulage.

BestWestern

Established Member
Looking at the image I have a hunch that may well be a Poole Docks shunter. Perhaps google or search that on Flickr and see what comes up.

BantamMenace

Looking at the image I have a hunch that may well be a Poole Docks shunter. Perhaps google or search that on Flickr and see what comes up.

I'd agree with that and it can be seen better in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm3aTUQDmOw

"The photo taken at Poole is of a Thomas Hill built loco, works no. 173V of 1966. Before arriving at Poole it had been overhauled being fitted with a plate reading 'Yorkshire Engine Co.. L116 re-worked 1993' and was still there in 2007. Information from Colin Stoe's excellent Oakwood Press published tome 'Rails to Poole Harbour (2nd. edition 2007) pages 119 to 121. The reconstituted "Yorkshire Engine Company" based at Long Marston operated between 1988 to 2001."

A quick google turned this up, non of the information is my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.