• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shortest Journey (in Distance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The person who has the floor will give a train class then people will try to guess the shortest end-to-end service (in distance) they have ever been used on. This is a quiz about complete services, not about distances between intermediate stations.

It must have been a scheduled service (in the timetable) but not nessesarily the booked traction. Specials such as Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester United Halt do not count.

Any class introduced post-BR is allowed.

Any confusion please don't hesitate to PM me. :)

First up is the class 153.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12CSVT

Established Member
Thats easy - Stourbridge Town to Stourbridge Junction

EDIT: Just broke my own rules.

Birmingham New St. to Walsall?

gnolife

Established Member
It is Birmingham - Longbridge, at 7 mile 73 chain. Walsall is a bit over 11 miles.

12CSVT

Established Member
Kings Cross to Royston ?

I think they were used on longer distance services (Ramsgate / Margate / Dover etc) when they were with Connex

ValleyLines142

Established Member
It is a scheduled service. E.G. That could be London Euston to Glasgow or Euston to Tring.

Ah I see, okay then! Only because down here in Cardiff on the Coryton Line, the journey time between Ty Glas and Birchgrove is literally one minute! As soon as the train leaves Ty Glas, it goes under a bridge before entering Birchgrove! So it has to be a full service, i.e. in this case it would be Radyr-Coryton. Okay then, thanks for letting me know! :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For the 365, maybe Kings Cross-Welwyn GC??

It appears that gazthomas has abandoned the tread so I think that DanTrainMan185 has won. Your floor Dan.

I think there is some confusion here. It is to find the shortest end to end service run by that stock mearured on distance. For a 221 it is probably Birmingham New St. to Leicster. Please read the rules on post 1# and if there is any more confusion please PM me. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.