• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Smartcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

[.n]

I've had a Smart Card with South Western Railway with my Annual Gold Card ticket for a while now and want to add other tickets for return journeys but the ticket machine doesn't allow Gold Card Discount (gives the not available at this time message) though does give other railcard discounts. Is that by design or am I doing something wrong? I can't see a way to do it online either.

I tried something something similar the other day, but the machine refused my 16-25 railcard, like you I randomly tried another railcard and it seemed to work. (Mine was a SWT Smart card)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

smsm1

I've noticed as of this week that Greater Anglia are sometimes showing single and return fares as being valid on the smart card for purchase via their website and mobile app. Example route Ipswich-Cambridge North/Cambridge, and a few other destinations from Ipswich. Also seems to be available on their ticket machines. Seems to be early roll out that's just starting in the initial testing phases and leaking out onto the production systems.

Screenshot 2019-04-29 at 07.39.30.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 1

smsm1

So I've been using the GA and Chiltern smart cards for anytime day returns several times times now between Ipswich and Cambridge North. The GA conductors can read the Chiltern smart cards fine. I've just purchased one of these tickets for tomorrow on the Chiltern website to go on to the Chiltern smart card (they don't accept the GA smart cards), and then used the GA Android app to load the ticket on to the smart card. The back end interoperability between them is starting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.