• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I've got a light covering of snow here in glorious Kingston, Surrey :|

Anywhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Death

Established Member
No snow here yet, sadly...But we've been having some really nice nights down here where the temperature has dropped down to about -4°C or so! :D

Aye...Indeed, the weather's been so nice around here lately, that I've taken to wandering around in my cut-offs! If only summer could be nearly as pleasant and cool as this... <D

CraigS

Established Member
A light covering of the white stuff down here in St Leonards.

Was so cold last night that my rabbit's water bottle partially froze over!

Ilove165's

A slight dusting here in Ruislip, had my mum on the phone complaining it had started snowing again in Kensington!

Sam

Daniel533

Fair bit of snow in Canterbury although it started melting at 9, since the sun went behind the clouds it hasnt melted any futher and its still trying to snow some more.

D306

Established Member
about the same ammount as Nath has. the sun's been down on it for a while but it's just refusing to go at the moment :D

Phoenix

Established Member
I managed to get two 37's on a test train.
47810 on a power car move and 57006 on the scrap in the snow so not too bad it quite light but the platform at Water Orton was covered so not bad.

John_158

Twas snowing a wee bit in Rainhill on Sunday Moring but around 6pm ish in Garswood it was very foggy and trains run late when it foggy for some reason but prehaps it was the wrong type of fog.

Death

Established Member
Hmm...It looks like I was wrong earlier today. Indeed, we appear to have had a light dusting last night of about an inch or so, but I didn't notice that until I walked from Aldershot to Farnborough earlier. :shock:

Alas, about 90% of it has been melted by the daylight since then... :sad:

Coxster

Established Member
Hmm...It looks like I was wrong earlier today. Indeed, we appear to have had a light dusting last night of about an inch or so, but I didn't notice that until I walked from Aldershot to Farnborough earlier. :shock:

Alas, about 90% of it has been melted by the daylight since then... :sad:
If you were up at 6/7am you'd have seen a nice covering!

Daniel

Established Member
Couple of inches around half 6 this morning in Enfield.

Staff exit was a bit slippery at West Ken, (was still dark when I got off the train)!

It started snowing about 1 o'clock again, (still in Kensington), just as I had walked up the road to the cash point without my coat...

Craig

Established Member
The proper winter is finally here, it was -5 when I left for work this morning :lol:

P156KWJ

Established Member
according to EMT's weather map, Skeggy was supposed to have -6, Nottingham -5 and same for Lincoln and derby. Leicester however said only 0 for some reason :???:

richa2002

Established Member
-5.2°C and dropping with about an inch of snow on the ground in places.

Nice to have some proper Winter weather :).

Coxster

Established Member
Bit chilly here at the moment, but it doesn't feel too bad outside and there certainly isn't any snow left :(

Established Member
It snowed here today!
for about 5 mins...

well, there was extremely light snow for about 1 1/2 hours, with a few mins of heavy snow, but it didnt lie, annoyingly.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Quite a bit of snow still on the ground in Belgium when I left earlier today. Been snow on the ground since Monday.

Coxster

Established Member
Leaving home at 8am it was just a usual cold morning. However just as we were on the final approach to Basingstoke (around Barton Mill carriage sidings) everything just all of a sudden was white. It then started to snow fairly heavily around 08:30 but it didn't really settle on anything but grass. One bloke on my course lives about 20 minutes walk away from the training centre. He said where he lives was 'normal' but as soon as he crossed over a bridge the ground was covered in white. It's as if the snow only fell over the town centre and not the surroundings, with a very obvious line between the two! Was most strange.

Either that or someone in Basingstoke has pretty bad dandruff!

Status
Not open for further replies.