• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Solution to the toilets on trains issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Hebden Bridge has quite good toilet facilities for both men and women

Last time I was there the gents didn't look like it had been touched since 1895 :shock: Has it been refurbished recently; when I was there 15 months ago they hadn't changed.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
My wife and I were there last Monday (26th March), so I think my information is "ever so slightly" more up - to - date than yours....:D

Wasn't questioning your experience :D Was just wondering when they did it up then, because last time I was there they certainly mirrored the Victorian theme of the rest of the station!

island

Veteran Member
Too many announcements at stations telling us pointless information already.
There is nothing wrong with the above but for 95% of people, it's useless.

Agreed. My local Southeastern stations run five or so rubbish announcements every 15 minutes, of the "no smoking", "no skateboarding", "don't leave anything unattended", "supervise your children", and "trains might pass through without warning".

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Are they restored early 20th Century toilets to fit in with the rest of the station?

They are modern and very clean, as befits current health regulations. It is not a part of the station that a cursory glance would take note of detracting from the original Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway ambiance.

I must confess that I was pleasantly surprised by the conditions of the male toilet facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.