• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SouthEastern announce planned strike (21, 23 and 25 June) day service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
I'm hoping that after 12.55 that stock/crew will be in the right place for normal service until end of day

Just travelled from Lewisham to London Bridge. southeastern were obviously anticipating crush loading, and had planned things accordingly, ensuring they could limit numbers into the station. But it was nothing like as bad as I was expecting. The train was almost as quiet as in the first months of lockdown.
Buses in the area were rammed according to some of my colleagues

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

i4n

This is apparently due to NR making checks to the power supply system. What on earth is that all about?
I'm wondering if that's because the 3rd rail will be "turned off" on the strike days when there's no service due to strikes, as there won't be the people in the control centres for it to be able to react if it needs to be de-energised in that time. Whereas whenever else there isn't a service there will be someone there perhaps? I've no actual evidence or anything about my thoughts, just something that popped into my head yesterday when I saw that as well.

Edit: added some punctuation to make it easier to read

Last edited:

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
I wondering if that's because the 3rd rail will be "turned off" on the strike days when there's no service due to strikes as there won't be the people in the control centres for it to be able to react if it needs to be de-energised in that time whereas whenever else there isn't a service there will be someone there perhaps? I've no actual evidence or anything about my thoughts, just something that popped into my head yesterday when I saw that as well.
Really, for 1 day?

Probably more likely for the checks to be done as a possession won't be needed and the teams will have all day to do them

Class 466

Established Member
Really, for 1 day?

Probably more likely for the checks to be done as a possession won't be needed and the teams will have all day to do them
Yes, they have to switch it off as there's nobody there monitoring it in case of an incidient.

Tangent

I'm hoping that after 12.55 that stock/crew will be in the right place for normal service until end of day

Buses in the area were rammed according to some of my colleagues

The buses I took to get to the station were well loaded, and there were queues at stops for Central London routes, but they weren't unmanageably busy, although traffic was heavy. East London, apparently, was another story...

Class 466

Established Member
So the entire booked service from 0715 from Ashford is being planned to run (towards London), except because of the route to Canterbury & Dover Being blocked, they're going to have their work cut out resourcing enough units to provide such a service. Also all being done last minute through control. In short, there's going to be a lot of unplanned disruption tomorrow on Southeastern.

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
I'm wondering if that's because the 3rd rail will be "turned off" on the strike days when there's no service due to strikes, as there won't be the people in the control centres for it to be able to react if it needs to be de-energised in that time. Whereas whenever else there isn't a service there will be someone there perhaps? I've no actual evidence or anything about my thoughts, just something that popped into my head yesterday when I saw that as well.

Edit: added some punctuation to make it easier to read
Looks like there not able to man Canterbury ECR so have to denergise all lines in their control area which is East Kent. So when next shift come in tomorrow morning they will have to renergise the conductor rail and do a continuity check on circa 100+ electrical sections which will take some time. Hopefully nobody will have stolen any DC cabling.

Class 466

Established Member
There were issues switching the power back on in East Kent today and SE are now warning of alterations to the planned service on Sunday morning in the same area.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
Morning

Is there a timetable published for Thursday this week please (for SouthEastern)? Presume nothing is running in the metro area this Wednesday?

Morning

Is there a timetable published for Thursday this week please (for SouthEastern)? Presume nothing is running in the metro area this Wednesday?
Found the Wednesday timetable...

Assume there will be some disruption early on Thursday, have warned my staff anyway to plan their journeys early

Last edited:

CFRAIL

Morning

Expect disruption particularly in the morning up until lunch time.

As for Metro on Wednesday, I believe similar to last time; Orpington to LBG, Dartford to LBG 6/hr, 2 via Sidcup, 2 via Bexleyheath and 2 via Woolwich Arsenal.

duncombec

As for Metro on Wednesday, I believe similar to last time; Orpington to LBG, Dartford to LBG 6/hr, 2 via Sidcup, 2 via Bexleyheath and 2 via Woolwich Arsenal.
The availability and timetables for Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday* were updated this morning and are now showing on the website:

* The easiest update of all, as there aren't any!

Class 466

Established Member

2tph from Orpington start back at Sevenoaks this time round!

Train Maniac

What is the service meant to be like this Sunday (31st July) after the big strike on Saturday?

I take it is going to be like last time, with no trains arriving into London until 10am?

Class 466

Established Member
What is the service meant to be like this Sunday (31st July) after the big strike on Saturday?

I take it is going to be like last time, with no trains arriving into London until 10am?
As it’s ASLEF (Drivers) the service will be normal on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.