• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

merkraz

Hey guys passed my assessments in Tonbridge about a month ago, got my DMI in Orpington in about a week. Does anyone have any tips for me or an idea what they will ask. I’m sure it’s been asked before on this forum but I would like a recent opinion and experience from someone that’s been recently. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ryan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jayse.M86

Congratulations on passing the assessments there is a large SE post where some serious gems are dropped for dmi information!!! I passed my assessment with Southeasten also an my dmi in end of this month so good luck to you

Gorlash1886

As mentioned above congratulations on getting this far in the process to both of you, definitely check out the longer thread especially near the end as that's when most people were discussing DMI.

merkraz

@Jayse.M86 yeah it went great mate had it on Monday just gone and heard on Tuesday afternoon I’ve passed. I enquired about start date and he told me over email that it will be sometime in April most probably but not confirmed yet. But still very exciting ! I had to go to the depot at Orpington, all very friendly people in there
All the best

RPOMan

@Jayse.M86 yeah it went great mate had it on Monday just gone and heard on Tuesday afternoon I’ve passed. I enquired about start date and he told me over email that it will be sometime in April most probably but not confirmed yet. But still very exciting ! I had to go to the depot at Orpington, all very friendly people in there
All the best

well done on passing the DMI! I had my assessment day/MMI last week and passed. I’m now waiting for a DMI date, any tips/info on questions they asked you that you can give me? Thanks!

Jayse.M86

All the best

wickeddddddddd news mate congrats!!! I had my dmi last Thursday was super nervous but done my best hopefully hear from them today as they said they will make a decision today!! I know there was 2 course starts one in January an other in April so hopefully I’m successful an get the jan start! But once again we’ll done mate bet you feel over the moon

Jayse.M86

Well done! What depot? I start in January as well so I might see you then!
I’ll be at dartford depot mate I gotta say I’m over the moon hey if you on jan course we deffo will bump into each other lol

Great news, well done! I am waiting for a DMI date at the moment!
Thanks man good luck on your dmi let us know how it goes!!

luvash

Thanks bud! Same goes to you! Which depot did you apply for?

Last edited:

galahad08

I recently passed my DMI, I’d suggest doing lots of research on the business, Values, Mission and Vision. It’s never going to hurt knowing too much, it didn’t do me any harm. Also the ongoing situation with the franchise along with any projects they’ve done. I looked at the PIDD information and sustainability info on the SE website. I was very open and honest with any examples they asked for and always tried to include a safety aspect. Also taking ownership and responsibility for situations.

Another thing I did was contacted the SE Twitter to ask specific stuff so that might be useful to you.

I also had a TPWS info sheet that I memorised

Rhia

All the best
Hey congratulations on passing your DMI. Do you have any advice as I have mine in January please. Anything will be appreciated
Thanks

I recently passed my DMI, I’d suggest doing lots of research on the business, Values, Mission and Vision. It’s never going to hurt knowing too much, it didn’t do me any harm. Also the ongoing situation with the franchise along with any projects they’ve done. I looked at the PIDD information and sustainability info on the SE website. I was very open and honest with any examples they asked for and always tried to include a safety aspect. Also taking ownership and responsibility for situations.

Another thing I did was contacted the SE Twitter to ask specific stuff so that might be useful to you.

I also had a TPWS info sheet that I memorised
Hi, thanks for this advice. Very helpful. I have my DMI booked for January. I’m very anxious. What is PIDD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.