• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern recruiting trainee drivers again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorlash1886

I am fairly confident my eyesight hasn't changed my prescription hasn't changed for the last 3 years which is good, thanks for the advice though mate.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blackkat

It was a very risky day today!!

I attempted the driver assessments in 2016. I passed all apart from the TEA OCC part 3, and so was sent packing. I then resat and passed all assessments in 2019 with an advance TOC, Including VSE, SJT, MMI, DMI! minus the passed assessments from 2016 (TRP 1&2, WAFV, VIGIL (WHICH I HATE) AND 2 HAND CO-ORD)
Sadly covid-19 ruined all plans of any start dates!
Completely forgot i was sitting in this pool and then randomly got the email offering an assessment.
Due to the facts my 2016 results had now expired within southeastern guidelines of 3yrs i was tasked to resit them (TRP 1&2, WAFV, VIGIL (WHICH I HATE) AND 2HAND CO-ORD)
I was very nervous as if i failed these that would have been my 2nd life and my dream of becoming a driver would have been OVER!!
(WHAT A GAMBLE)
But thankfully it paid off!
I PASSED!!!!! and it looks like im now preparing to start in September!!
i cant be happier right now!
IM OUT OF THE WOODS BUT FEW MORE HURDLES AND ILL BE OUT OF THE PARK!

baz962

Established Member

I attempted the driver assessments in 2016. I passed all apart from the TEA OCC part 3, and so was sent packing. I then resat and passed all assessments in 2019 with an advance TOC, Including VSE, SJT, MMI, DMI! minus the passed assessments from 2016 (TRP 1&2, WAFV, VIGIL (WHICH I HATE) AND 2 HAND CO-ORD)
Completely forgot i was sitting in this pool and then randomly got the email offering an assessment.
Due to the facts my 2016 results had now expired within southeastern guidelines of 3yrs i was tasked to resit them (TRP 1&2, WAFV, VIGIL (WHICH I HATE) AND 2HAND CO-ORD)
I was very nervous as if i failed these that would have been my 2nd life and my dream of becoming a driver would have been OVER!!
(WHAT A GAMBLE)
Congratulations , a good news story.

Stigy

Established Member

(WHAT A GAMBLE)
Congrats, you played the game and it’s paid off!

Gorlash1886

Congratulations it's always great to hear I'm just patiently waiting to do my medical now last hurdle to get over.
I've been on this forum for a while and would say @Stigy has been amazing with information and advice I hope he feels the level of appreciation he deserves.

Jonathan Cox

Well done Blackkat, I was also at the same assessment as you yesterday and passed. Thought I really messed up the MMI but thankfully got an email this morning confirming I was successful. Just got to wait for instructions for next stage for recruitment which will be the DMI. Anyone got any idea how long after the wait for a DMI will be?

Azzypaul

Just booked my assessment day for Tuesday 18 at tonbridge.waited 3 years for this .hope it all goes well

PlayerOne

Hi all.

I had my assessments at Tonbridge and thankfully passed in the beginning of July. Just waiting for the DMI now. I see a few of you guys have had and been successful in yours so congrats ! Anyone else in a similar situation to me or have any idea of time scales ? I’m assuming it takes as long as it takes.

Cheers

Gorlash1886

It really does take varying amounts of time, I did my dmi 3 days after the assessment day as they had a cancellation, talk about lucky it might be worth dropping them an email to find out.

PlayerOne

It really does take varying amounts of time, I did my dmi 3 days after the assessment day as they had a cancellation, talk about lucky it might be worth dropping them an email to find out.

The stars were definitely aligned for you that day my friend ! Congratulations, it’s been a long time since they first advertised initially back in November 18 and I bet it feels great to finally get there ! I will drop them an email and see what the state of play is.

Thanks buddy

Gorlash1886

Indeed I also applied back in November 2018 then all of a sudden everything happened at once, the only thing I regret is not buying a lottery ticket after lol

PlayerOne

Indeed I also applied back in November 2018 then all of a sudden everything happened at once, the only thing I regret is not buying a lottery ticket after lol

Sounds like you missed a trick there ! Lol Thanks for the reply and good lick with the training. Fingers crossed I’ll be in the same position in the near future !

Blackkat

Well done Blackkat, I was also at the same assessment as you yesterday and passed. Thought I really messed up the MMI but thankfully got an email this morning confirming I was successful. Just got to wait for instructions for next stage for recruitment which will be the DMI. Anyone got any idea how long after the wait for a DMI will be?
Well done man!! It was a day of good luck!! For sure!

PlayerOne

Well done man!! It was a day of good luck!! For sure!

From others on here it appears to vary. Some have had them within the week after passing the assessments. I did my assessments at the beginning of July and just awaiting a date for the DMI. Seems to be a bit of a waiting game.

Blackkat

From others on here it appears to vary. Some have had them within the week after passing the assessments. I did my assessments at the beginning of July and just awaiting a date for the DMI. Seems to be a bit of a waiting game.
It’s all about space it seems, I told them I’m flexible with location so he said expect a DMI shortly

DriverGB

What depot did you apply for if you don’t mind me asking?

DA1

Managed to get a helpful update saying that I’m just waiting for a position and a DMI date to become available for my two local depots then the ball is rolling again. Fingers crossed!

Azzypaul

Got my assessment tomorrow .18th August 3years in the making .i hope my nerves don’t get the better of me

DA1

Got my assessment tomorrow .18th August 3years in the making .i hope my nerves don’t get the better of me

Good luck mate, stay calm, they have a great team down in Tonbridge! Which depot did you apply for?

Azzypaul

Have two mates that are drivers there also . I have revised for the last 2 years just hope it all comes together on the day .

Status
Not open for further replies.