• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Trainee Driver - All Depots - (20/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chippychips

Received an email today informing me that they will be sending out invites over the next few weeks/months for assessment centres. Tonbridge applicant
I recieved that too (LDN Victoria applicant), but not holding my breath as a colleague of mine applied same time as me and got that same email early December '21 and hasn't had an invite yet.
Also, ANOTHER colleague of mine has gone through the process and got a position! I believe he started about 2 weeks ago!

ComUtoR

Established Member

Emmsie

I can recommend the Finch House Bakery afterwards. Their carrot cake is amazing and huge

CFRAIL

Anyone else received an invite to assessment?

Anyone been invited to assessments next week?

Last edited:

MrDee7

Good evening all, hope all is well.

I received an email today stating the following:

“I am pleased to confirm you that your application has successfully passed the screening process.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your interest in this position, and we will contact you as soon as we are able to continue with your application.”

The remainder of the email is pretty irrelevant to this thread.

Guess that stills means more twiddling of thumbs, albeit good news…

Wish you all the best!
D

Grvrdvicdr

The waiting pays off I promise! I’m coming to the end of my rules now. even now it’s so good actually being in the drivers grade

Traffic71

Only in my dreams! Still waiting for the ‘We’ve randomly picked people this month for assessment day and you haven’t been picked’ email.
good luck with your course mate.

198ksw

Grove Park.

I was fortunate enough to have done my assessments with another TOC last year. So just had my DMI to do with SE, last week.

Gooner265

I have just received an email saying I have passed the screening process , I applied last Autumn and completed the first test they sent with the application. They said they will be in touch , is there any reading material or practice tests I can do for the next stage please so i am well prepared.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Grvrdvicdr

I have just received an email saying I have passed the screening process , I applied last Autumn and completed the first test they sent with the application. They said they will be in touch , is there any reading material or practice tests I can do for the next stage please so i am well prepared.

thanks
Now you have the long wait. Try looking up train driver psychometric assessments and MMI. Will have them same day

WizCastro197

Established Member
Do Southern allow applications for new drivers like Southeastern or are they content with their serious understaffing issue?!

Gooner265

Now you have the long wait. Try looking up train driver psychometric assessments and MMI. Will have them same day
Ive received another email today stating the same thing and a further one asking if ive done any psychometric tests in the last three years with any other company.

I applied many years ago in early 2000 and just failed the mechanics test by a few per cent , i was kicking myself as i dwelled on one question and ran out of time but knew the next 4 , not realiding yiu could skip questions. He wanted me to apply again in 6 months but then got promoted to manager.
So im thinking is there some reading material for that test if it still exists as that will be my weak point as im not mechanically minded but very logical.

FR510

Ive received another email today stating the same thing and a further one asking if ive done any psychometric tests in the last three years with any other company.

I applied many years ago in early 2000 and just failed the mechanics test by a few per cent , i was kicking myself as i dwelled on one question and ran out of time but knew the next 4 , not realiding yiu could skip questions. He wanted me to apply again in 6 months but then got promoted to manager.
So im thinking is there some reading material for that test if it still exists as that will be my weak point as im not mechanically minded but very logical.
Pretty sure the mechanical test is long gone now.

Grace28

Hey guys, has anyone else applied for the trainee train driver position for southeastern? And heard back?

Need2

Hey guys, has anyone else applied for the trainee train driver position for southeastern? And heard back?
Did you phone/email SE recruitment to see if your application actually went through?
(Fingers crossed for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.