• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Trainee Driver - All Depots - (20/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackofspades

The big day tomorrow for me peeps! Going tonbridge! Full on 9 till 4 of tests … well that’s if I get though each part. I’ll relay an info I get after I’ve finished. I’m praying for a good run, done plenty of tests. Got my head round them, they seem really simple once you know what your doing. Dot test I’m still trying to find the right balance, getting about 7/8 lines down but miss the odd dot here and there. It’s my first ever time doing tests like this so who knows!
Don’t upset Harry and you’ll be fine lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Traffic71

The big day tomorrow for me peeps! Going tonbridge! Full on 9 till 4 of tests … well that’s if I get though each part. I’ll relay an info I get after I’ve finished. I’m praying for a good run, done plenty of tests. Got my head round them, they seem really simple once you know what your doing. Dot test I’m still trying to find the right balance, getting about 7/8 lines down but miss the odd dot here and there. It’s my first ever time doing tests like this so who knows!
Very best of luck.

Leoleo1833

I applied for the job when the opening came out but i have a friend that wishes to apply… I realise the opening is still there is it worth it applying now?

skyhigh

Established Member
I applied for the job when the opening came out but i have a friend that wishes to apply… I realise the opening is still there is it worth it applying now?
No harm applying if the application form is still open.

Tibbins

I don’t see this advertised anywhere on there website!

CFRAIL

Ooh best of luck, come back with any hints and tips please.

Jackofspades

Will do! Currently going from “I’ve got no chance” to “ok I’ve got this”
Good luck mate, make sure to listen to and read what the test is asking and you’ll be fine, don’t over complicate and make sure you do the practise material, it’s what I found worked best and passed without any problems

Tibbins

Well sad news peeps … failed! Done the (dots test) then the (listing to beeps) then done a (phone directory) last 45 seconds (memory test GLOP) then (dials) memory test!

Failed on the dots test got down to 7/8 lines and that wasn’t quick enough, but didn’t miss any! So speed really is key there!

failed on the phone directory, there’s no practice for this test and wasn’t really clear on what they wanted me to do! All I knew is that I had to find a Bar with the same two symbols. Get 45 seconds! I didn’t know they was all bars, you’re basically looking at the shapes! Then you do the test again listening to beeps why looking for something else!

don’t really know why I wasn’t sent test papers on the directory one seeing as I done it on paper on the day, thought that test was on the computer!

all in all think I done really well, didn’t feel stressed out! There was only 4 people in the room! Maybe I’ll apply again if something comes up, mostly happy it’s over with now.

that’s all I know about the tests hopefully helps someone. Good luck

Sorry to hear you didn’t pass this time Tibbins, however - now you have the experience of this time under your belt, I’m sure you’ll smash it next time!

CFRAIL

Well sad news peeps … failed! Done the (dots test) then the (listing to beeps) then done a (phone directory) last 45 seconds (memory test GLOP) then (dials) memory test!

Failed on the dots test got down to 7/8 lines and that wasn’t quick enough, but didn’t miss any! So speed really is key there!

failed on the phone directory, there’s no practice for this test and wasn’t really clear on what they wanted me to do! All I knew is that I had to find a Bar with the same two symbols. Get 45 seconds! I didn’t know they was all bars, you’re basically looking at the shapes! Then you do the test again listening to beeps why looking for something else!

don’t really know why I wasn’t sent test papers on the directory one seeing as I done it on paper on the day, thought that test was on the computer!

all in all think I done really well, didn’t feel stressed out! There was only 4 people in the room! Maybe I’ll apply again if something comes up, mostly happy it’s over with now.

that’s all I know about the tests hopefully helps someone. Good luck
Really sorry to hear this. No doubt you'll be better equipped should you apply again in the future.

MrDee7

Greetings everyone, hope you’re all well.
In 2017 I passed all tests with MTR Crossrail, but unfortunately failed the final interview (DMI?? Not too familiar with all the acronyms lol).
After passing all of these so many years ago, providing my application is successful, will I have to sit any/all of these tests again in 2021?

Azer85448

Greetings everyone, hope you’re all well.
In 2017 I passed all tests with MTR Crossrail, but unfortunately failed the final interview (DMI?? Not too familiar with all the acronyms lol).
After passing all of these so many years ago, providing my application is successful, will I have to sit any/all of these tests again in 2021?
The main assessment centre results are valid for 5 years.

CFRAIL

I thought the assessment scores were only valid for 3 years. Of course I may be wrong.

Stigy

Established Member
I thought the assessment scores were only valid for 3 years. Of course I may be wrong.
Not sure if you’re speaking specifically from experience with SET, so consider the following a public service announcement and disregard if you are :D

It Depends on the TOC/FOC. The results are valid for 5 years, but it’s up to individual operators how long they accept them for.

SAMH

Hey everyone I applied for the trainee train driver position at the victoria station for SE. I got an email on 22/10/21 saying I passed the screening but since then I haven’t heard anything back. Does anyone know or has heard back? Thanks guys

Grvrdvicdr

Hey everyone I applied for the trainee train driver position at the victoria station for SE. I got an email on 22/10/21 saying I passed the screening but since then I haven’t heard anything back. Does anyone know or has heard back? Thanks guys
Could be a very long wait, that’s all you can do now

CFRAIL

Railway recruitment is notoriously slow, I think the average wait for driver recruitment is around 2 years from application. I believe metro depots may be a little quicker due to a higher turnover etc...

wez

Hi All,

I recently got this message and just wondering if anyone else has had any feedback?

"Due to the high volume of applications we have received for this campaign we wanted to confirm that we are still keen to review your application and, as soon as we are able, we will be in touch with further details of when we can proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process"

Last edited by a moderator:

Tea&Biscuit

Hi All,

I applied in September for a trainee train driver with south eastern rail. I recently got this message and just wondering if anyone else has had any feedback?

"Due to the high volume of applications we have received for this campaign we wanted to confirm that we are still keen to review your application and, as soon as we are able, we will be in touch with further details of when we can proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process"
Hi Wez,
I received the same email a few weeks ago and not heard anything more.
Which depot did you apply for?

wez

Hi,
I applied for tonbridge? What about you?
I was curious to know if they informed you if you haven’t been successful?

Tea&Biscuit

I applied for Ashford. I'm unsure if they do, the status of my application says incomplete, which I read somewhere means in process.

Status
Not open for further replies.