• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern 313s and 508s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fincra5

Established Member
It turns out Southern will be getting all the class 508s from Southeastern, still getting a hand full of 313s too.

Routes will be Brighton-Seaford, Brighton-West Worthing and Littlehampton-Bognor Regis.

Both classes will be refurbished, with new seats, carpets, lighting and **** are most likely to be installed. The trains will be reliveried (obvs :D)

However neither class will be fitted with a toliet :-? Given that they will be on short distance services. Probably see them on a few odd workings tho :D

The 508s are supposed to arrive at lovers Walk depot in from november and the 313s once made available.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fincra5

Established Member
Not doubting you, but any source?

Yh someone at my model railway club works for southern, (nearish managment) He is quite often in lovers walk depot and i believe he works along the lines of train(stock) management.

Aictos

Established Member
Interesting, don't suppose your source knows which 313s are heading south?

Thanks anyway for the gen, :D

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Interesting, don't suppose your source knows which 313s are heading south?

Thanks anyway for the gen, :D

I think the units which are going to Southern might appear in the RM maybe in the stock exchange this month or next month cant be 100% sure though.
Regards

Aictos

Established Member
Unfortunately no. Most likely wont know until they turn up :D

Fair dues, as long as the FCC bound ones get refurbished with highback seating, hate the lowback bus type seating that the Silverlink/LOROL ones have - impossible to sleep on them!

Z12XE

Both classes will be refurbished, with new seats, carpets, lighting and **** are most likely to be installed. The trains will be reliveried (obvs :D)

I assume the *s are blocking out PIS, with an additional s on the end to make it plural?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Wow, the trains will be pre-installed with P**s..? I thought that came from the passengers on a Friday/Saturday night.

The TOC really is thinking ahead. :)

I would like to see screens installed on the FCC 313s though (and the 319s and the 321s!).

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Wow, the trains will be pre-installed with P**s..? I thought that came from the passengers on a Friday/Saturday night.

The TOC really is thinking ahead. :)

I would like to see screens installed on the FCC 313s though (and the 319s and the 321s!).

Units with no toilets could do without more PIS's! :lol:

Nope, PIS with a small S on the end. One doesn't say 'CDes' or 'PCes' so I can't see why they would say 'PISes' either.

Fincra5

Established Member
:D hopefully given that the 313s and 508s wont be using the GPS controlled PIS(s) and Selective door opening, they wont say any of the annoying coach number stuff :)

I'm guessing the annoucements will be the same as on the 377s (ignoring the coach number)

MCR247

Established Member
Are the 171s announcements the same as 377s minus the coach number

MCR247

Established Member
Thats really good, but IMO the green should finsih earlier, as the carriges are shorter(?) so it looks like 90% is green

fgwrich

Established Member
Thats really good, but IMO the green should finsih earlier, as the carriges are shorter(?) so it looks like 90% is green
Maybe so... Just on all Southern units, the big green finnished just after the 1st set of doors on each coach...

they might revise it though...

Mind you... its nice to finnaly see some brains come through at Southern...now just need to sort out those Brighton Fasts/Gat Ex services....

Last edited:

SWT Driver

Carpets on a 313 or 508?

I don't think so! More like hard wearing & durable linoleum or vinyl flooring which doesn't get stained by puke, urine & ****!

Fincra5

Established Member
Maybe so... Just on all Southern units, the big green finnished just after the 1st set of doors on each coach...

they might revise it though...

Mind you... its nice to finnaly see some brains come through at Southern...now just need to sort out those Brighton Fasts/Gat Ex services....

Yes forgot to mention. Several 442s are taking over some Brighton express routes. To stop confusion southern are removing the "gatwick" from the "gatwick express" :D on the selected units. The rest of the unrefurb units will also be done into Gatex.

So the brighton express trains will be the same livery as GatEX but will just say Express :D:D

Fincra5

Established Member

If you look at the class 456, which the bodysides are somewhat similar to the class 313/508 then you can see the green goes to the end of the 1st door :) So it is likely it will be the same for 313s/508s.

Attachments

• Class_456_Southern_Diagram.jpg
    Class_456_Southern_Diagram.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 31

Fincra5

Established Member
Fincra, do you have any firm evidence or proven source that any of this WILL actually occur or is it pure conjecture?

It is confirmed that the southeastern 508s and some 313s will deffinately be comming to brighton area. And they will be refurbished and reliveried, as southern tend not to run trains unless they are "southernized" :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Posts have been removed as they aren't really suitable for posting here, please use Profile or Private messages.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
No offence intended Justin, don't go! Nothing to do with elitism, just that if everyone had massive pics it'd be impossible to find the text of the topic! Some forums really suffer from that.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry, posted at same time as you Mojo, delete away

Status
Not open for further replies.