• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Class 313 withdrawal/storage/scrapping updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnxrail

Would any work out of Portsmouth on weekends or is it best to go for the weekday diagrams.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

prod_pep

Established Member
I don't think it is said enough, so a big thank you to Part Time Spotter for posting the daily 313 allocations. They have proved a godsend not only over the last two very enjoyable days on the South Coast but also throughout the last few years.

They allowed me to catch up with 313203, a unit which had eluded me for three years, and two Seaford trips on 313201 on which was witnessed a spectacular show of waves lapping Newhaven Breakwater. Hardly waited for a train over the two days and avoided most of the appalling weather, thanks to PTS' allocations.

'Big Blue' was on good form, too. Now let's hope it manages not to break itself again before the farewell tour, as I'm sure they will want to use it on that. Perhaps it will be timed to work the last public service in May as well, availability permitting?

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
I don't think it is said enough, so a big thank you to Part Time Spotter for posting the daily 313 allocations. They have proved a godsend not only over the last two very enjoyable days on the South Coast but also throughout the last few years.
Yup seconded.... I too have very much appreciated them and been able to plan some of my trips accordingly

and @parttimespotter.... just over 5 weeks to go before you have one less class to post diagrams on ;)

03_179

Established Member
LOL ... I may replace with something else lol
As far as I can tell the last day will be 20th May 2023.

50002Superb

Yup seconded.... I too have very much appreciated them and been able to plan some of my trips accordingly

and @parttimespotter.... just over 5 weeks to go before you have one less class to post diagrams on ;)
+3

The information on PTS is invaluable and much appreciated.

If you are looking for something to replace the 313s with then personally I’d love the 325s.

03_179

Established Member
I can't get the 325s I'm afraid ... I'd love to it'd make it easier to clear up for me too LOL

+3

The information on PTS is invaluable and much appreciated.

If you are looking for something to replace the 313s with then personally I’d love the 325s.

50002Superb

I can't get the 325s I'm afraid ... I'd love to it'd make it easier to clear up for me too LOL
Understood!!!

Looking at the TOPS threads I suspect 507/508s will be in demand but an awful lot of work (and not one I’m interested in personally)

03_179

Established Member
I did look at hte MerseyRail ones but that's huge ... Just don't have the time.

What I have planned is not "new" just expanding on a class I do

Minstral25

Established Member
LOL ... I may replace with something else lol
As far as I can tell the last day will be 20th May 2023.

Appreciating your 313 post today - Popping out to the coast today so can find that 201 is on Seafords - Thanks

Foxxle

Just seen a photo of a window on 313204 being broken and completely taped up - can't quite tell if it's smashed as the whole thing is taped, even blocking out two bays of seats.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi all - are 313s on the Seaford Brighton services today? (and if so is it all of the services?)
Thanks

that1pepfan

On Moderation
According to SN Rail Twitter

"The last services for the 313s will be on 20 May. They will be running all day on Saturday 20 May on the Brighton to Seaford/Lewes routes and some to Portsmouth. They will also be operating on the Littlehampton to Bognor Regis/Portsmouth & Southesea route."

PGAT

Established Member

"The last services for the 313s will be on 20 May. They will be running all day on Saturday 20 May on the Brighton to Seaford/Lewes routes and some to Portsmouth. They will also be operating on the Littlehampton to Bognor Regis/Portsmouth & Southesea route."
That just looks like the normal 313 runnings then

TheHSRailFan

Was this said in DMs?

prod_pep

Established Member
I've been meaning to mention: Brighton have a home match on Saturday 20th May, so won't this affect the use of 313s on the Seaford line? It is normally long-formed 377s on matchday Saturdays.

Looking at the Saturday diagrams, the last 313 service would be the 2353 Seaford - Brighton. If it is 377s on the 20th, presumably one of the Littlehampton/Portsmouth/Bognor circuits will provide the last service unless they plan to do anything special.

Status
Not open for further replies.