• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Conductors Barnham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Routes although im not 100% sure im accurate on this:
Brighton-Southampton (Possibly top link)
Brighton-Portsmouth Harbour
Bognor Regis-Littlehampton
Barnham-Victoria/London Bridge via Horsham and Hove (Both via Quarry lines and Redhill lines)
Possibly sign Preston Park-Brighton

Traction is 377 at the moment although i believe drivers are being trained on 442 and 313 at some stage so i expect same to apply to conductors

thanks very much for that.

i will hopefully be starting next month at Barnham and I have always wanted to work 442's so I hoped that I would get to sign them!

radamfi

Established Member
Are they planning to use 442s on services passing through Barnham?

Fincra5

Established Member
Don't 442s work the London to Brighton expresses DOO?

Not sure, I think they may have a guard on them.

And as far as I am aware there are no plans to run 442s via Barnham. Come decemeber some will be on GatEx and some on the Brighton Express services. Sorry I'm not usre about the exact numbers. There is also a plan to do a trail Brighton Express that is non-stop from BTN-VIC.

The 442's that are the extended Gatwick Express services to Brighton which operate in the peak hours are DOO to Gatwick and then they have a guard on from Gatwick to Brighton to cover the dispatch from intermediate stations, 442's from London Bridge-Eastbourne have a guard throughout the journey, as for some of the workings on the Brighton expresses im not sure although i think they have to run with guards also due to stops at Clapham Junction, East Croydon and sometimes Haywards Heath.

Status
Not open for further replies.