• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Trainee Train Driver (Metro Depots Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmsie

Make sure you copy and paste all responses into a word document just in case you lose it all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Make sure you copy and paste all responses into a word document just in case you lose it all
Wise words indeed... handily you can go back to your application even after you submitted it and use any of the answers/responses to the 'tell me when..' type questions again by copying the text. You can also download your CV and covering letter if you did one. useful if you lose the original... ahem!

Jimmy86

I just completed my application, took a few goes but as long as I hit next it appeared to save my answers

purplepaj

Stick with it. Frustrating system but it worked for me eventually, had to keep logging in and out.
I applied at 10.05pm last night and got a rejection email by 10.20pm!
It's odd, as last time I applied I made it to the next stage. I doubt they have recruitment people working then so maybe I fell foul of some software?...

AlexandraT

I did my application yesterday morning. No glitches, no problems...got a rejection at 20:00. A bit odd I would say. Maybe I live to far from any depot or maybe because I've applied for the Thameslink one as well

Barry K

Seems to be working ok this morning. Has anyone else noticed that the Orpington vacancy has about 10 competency questions, but this one only has 2?

Nobby

I did my application yesterday morning. No glitches, no problems...got a rejection at 20:00. A bit odd I would say. Maybe I live to far from any depot or maybe because I've applied for the Thameslink one as well
I am in two minds whether to apply for Southern as well because I also applied for Thameslink. I'm thinking it might look bad seeing as they have the same parent company.

Slim82

I applied for the Orpington base did all the sections soon as I got to criminal record pressed next a screen of red writing came up on the screen that’s it couldn’t do anything else anyone had this problem what a nightmare!!!!!

GMT

I applied for the Orpington base did all the sections soon as I got to criminal record pressed next a screen of red writing came up on the screen that’s it couldn’t do anything else anyone had this problem what a nightmare!!!!!
Take a breath.

Slim82

Does anyone know if they time us how long we take to do the application??

Slim82

Hi mat711 when you applied today did you have any problem with the website? How long did it take you to do the application if you don’t mind me asking?

Saracen_83

Lots!!!! Been trying to submit the form since yesterday!!!!

I found I had to delete my history and cookies and then re log back in!! Long and very tedious!!!

As for application, it took me a few hours to complete, and then 24 hours to submit lol

Slim82

I’ve notice this application has only two questions of competency!!! But the Orpington one had 4/5 I think I wonder why????

sharpinf

Does anyone know if applying to Orpington a few days ago means applying to this would spoil your chances with one or both applications please?

Nobby

Does anyone know if applying to Orpington a few days ago means applying to this would spoil your chances with one or both applications please?
I've been trying to get a straight answer to this question myself, and am still waiting. My instinct says just apply for one. Some say that TOC's are all about people that want to work for them specifically, rather than serial applications with cut & paste answers. I don't know. It's a tough one. On the one hand it shows keen-ness but on the other it might be perceived as being desperate just for the job itself and who cares which company it is. Do TL & Southern see themselves as separate TOC's or just part of one big happy family called GTR? Again, I don't know, but they must be able to see those that have/will apply for both positions. Anyone with any knowledge or insight into this issue please speak now........;)

Emmsie

Both jobs appear on the same website and I assume they both appear in your application history when you log in so I would imagine as they are the same job and you can't normally apply for identical jobs in different locations they will reject one of your applications but I am not the holy grail on this.

whoosh

Established Member
They have separate Terms & Conditions and will likely have separate parent companies for the next franchise. Personally, I would apply for both.

Val3ntine

My personal opinion when it comes to Trainee driver jobs, apply for all and any unless it’s specified not to. It’s just more options for yourselves really. When I applied for a trainee job with another TOC, they advertised for multiple depots seperately and I put an application in for each one. When it came down to it they called me to ask to choose which depot I would to go ahead with advising me of my nearest one.

Nobby

Stick with it. Frustrating system but it worked for me eventually, had to keep logging in and out.
I applied at 10.05pm last night and got a rejection email by 10.20pm!
It's odd, as last time I applied I made it to the next stage. I doubt they have recruitment people working then so maybe I fell foul of some software?...
Did you apply for Thameslink as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.