• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spalding Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
I've not be there for a while but if I were to be travelling to the station from Peterborough with a wheelchair passenger, I will be arriving on Platform 2 with only the footbridge to get across to the main entrance/exit.

I might be wrong but is there a barrow crossing at the Lincoln end of the station which can be used for buggies, wheelchairs without staff assistance or is it only possible to be used with the assistance of a staff member ie the guard of the service or station staff?

Lastly, do the 156s, 153s etc... have a ramp kept onboard for such purposes to help passengers get on or off the train

Any help would be great, thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
It's also worth checking what platform the service in question is booked to use. Platform 1's fully reversible, and (it's been a while since I've been there) I'm sure I've seen Down trains use that in preference to Platform 2 when there's no conflict with anything on the Up. Terminating services from Peterborough (so early morning and late afternoon onwards!) tend to use Platform 1 too, as there's no route back onto the Up from 2.

Aictos

Established Member
It's also worth checking what platform the service in question is booked to use. Platform 1's fully reversible, and (it's been a while since I've been there) I'm sure I've seen Down trains use that in preference to Platform 2 when there's no conflict with anything on the Up. Terminating services from Peterborough (so early morning and late afternoon onwards!) tend to use Platform 1 too, as there's no route back onto the Up from 2.

That's handy to know as we would like to go to the Springfield Garden Centre in Spalding and it's probably going to be a Saturday.

Bellwater

As far as i know, the only Lincoln-bound train to use Platform 1 is the 1625 to Lincoln.

There is a Barrow Crossing(like at Sleaford)at the Lincoln end but the Booking Office is only open 0700-1400. outside of those times, i would arrange things in advance.

Certainly at Sleaford i've been asked by Control to take a wheelchair passenger from the Nottm Bound to Lincoln Bound Platform for a Spalding Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.