• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special needs children denied free first class upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg

Established Member
With respect i am not trying to "twist things".

I offered, on several occasions, an opportunity for you to express your views in a more coherent and understandable manner. You yourself admitted that i had not understood your position. You did not take any of those opportunities. I offer that opportunity for clarification once again.

In the absence of any clarification or addition on your part I must proceed with the understanding of your position as it currently rests.

Was this not covered in posts #153 and #161?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Antman

Established Member
With respect i am not trying to "twist things".

I offered, on several occasions, an opportunity for you to express your views in a more coherent and understandable manner. You yourself admitted that i had not understood your position. You did not take any of those opportunities. I offer that opportunity for clarification once again.

In the absence of any clarification or addition on your part I must proceed with the understanding of your position as it currently rests.

If you go back through this thread it has all been said before and I'm not going through it all again
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone that wanted to ensure being able to stay together, or get a seat, could consider an alternative like a minibus. I don't think Steve said something that was meant to imply that people with special needs should look at alternatives over anyone else.

Sometimes a train is going to be crowded, and you won't necessarily be able to get on and find room for a group.

Thanks.................nice to know somebody could see my point:)

DarloRich

Veteran Member
If you go back through this thread it has all been said before and I'm not going through it all again

Thanks.................nice to know somebody could see my point:)

Once again, with respect, I do not think it has been dealt with.

You seem happy to allow others to speak for you and present a positive interpretation of your comments, which you then agree with (perhaps to paint a moderate picture of your views) rather than clarifying the position in your own words.

I have made my point in this regard and do not intend to make further comment unless you wish to add any clarification to your earlier posts.

My position remains clear and unchanged: To deny access to public transport on the basis of disability is both unlawful and immoral.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone that wanted to ensure being able to stay together, or get a seat, could consider an alternative like a minibus. I don't think Steve said something that was meant to imply that people with special needs should look at alternatives over anyone else.

Sometimes a train is going to be crowded, and you won't necessarily be able to get on and find room for a group.
Agreed. (or at least obtain reservations, so there's a reasonable chance - though not a guarantee - of seats together!) According to more than one source on the train, the group leaders were demanding a free upgrade before departure from Edinburgh and interfered with the despatch of the train by distracting the TM.
Seems like it's about 50 minutes to me?? Not even one hour!
It was longer than usual, as apparently the train spent longer than usual at Edinburgh and departed after the stopping service, meaning the train lost time.
I think the thread is exhausted as well.
And nobody has denied anyone access to transport.

It's all a little strange.
Indeed. I think we're best closing the thread now, as the debate has been done to death, and some of the group's claims are being exaggerated to suggest they were denied transport. In fact, they were merely denied special treatment, but that's not newsworthy!
:roll:Jeez. Sometimes this forum just beggars belief.
This forum has just under 3,000 active members, and this thread has been read by over 800 of them, with 79 people contributing, so I'm surprised that you're surprised to see a wide range of views expressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.