• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

YorkC

Has anyone else with Unidays access been unable to get discount with LNER recently? I know they exclude certain dates but it's not that - just nothing is coming up as discounted at all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

800Travel

Has anyone else with Unidays access been unable to get discount with LNER recently? I know they exclude certain dates but it's not that - just nothing is coming up as discounted at all.
Yeah, I tried recently and it implied they’d all gone.

On another note, the terms seem to say it can only be used once - so 40% off one booking. Anyone know if I’ve misinterpreted this? Seems a little stingy if correct, as I think TPE does 50% off all bookings advance for students.

YorkC

Yeah, I tried recently and it implied they’d all gone.

On another note, the terms seem to say it can only be used once - so 40% off one booking. Anyone know if I’ve misinterpreted this? Seems a little stingy if correct, as I think TPE does 50% off all bookings advance for students.
You can get one new code every 24 hours. It was definitely working in earlyish December but I've not managed to get anywhere for a couple of weeks now. This has happened before & been sorted without explanation...

Mark J

I've booked five separate journeys with the GWR January Sale.

Reckon I've saved well in excess of £100 over standard, non split prices.

Hopefully they will do the same next year!

Although not impressed with GWR booking direct. Was unable to enter payment details. Had to use a third party app to access the deals!

Last edited:

YorkC

Not sure if anyone is reading this but it's suddenly working again - thanks if so, I guess.

A S Leib

Transpennine £1 sale on the way.
Similar to the one that was truncated by the 1st Covid lockdown.
Slightly annoying if that's during the March weekend engineering works through Darlington (not confirmed if TPE services will run; 1 tph London–Durham coast–Edinburgh, rail replacement buses for XC and Newcastle–Edinburgh only for Lumo).

YorkC

Slightly annoying if that's during the March weekend engineering works through Darlington (not confirmed if TPE services will run; 1 tph London–Durham coast–Edinburgh, rail replacement buses for XC and Newcastle–Edinburgh only for Lumo).

Last time around it was over nearly 3 months but starting late Feb

A S Leib

That doesn't seem terrible, although there's no TPE services between Newcastle and York on 3/4 and 10/11 February and 2/3 and 9/10 April either, so six weekends within the space of three months. Have rail replacement buses typically been included in ultra-low advance deals in the past?

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Transpennine £1 sale on the way.
Similar to the one that was truncated by the 1st Covid lockdown.

"On the way" so not currently active? The link from @YorkC takes you to the February 2020 offer, of which I availed of a few tickets before Britain shut down.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Shouldn't TPE try and sort itself out first before flooding trains with cheapo advances to make overcrowding worse?

They might bring back some Mk5s for the period given they've officially got them until May! :D

***grabs his coat***

Ah excellent - any idea when this might go live or any travel dates? Cheers.

It's been confirmed on their official Twitter/X page, but only as "coming soon". I reckon it'll be released not before, but possibly on, next Monday.

Last edited:

800Travel

Anyone know if the TPE sale will be advance tickets only, or also “TPE only” flexible tickets please? Thanks

Sapphire Blue

Advance only, and no "& connections" tickets
And no "through" advances.
So for eg. LDS to EDB will need 2 tickets, LDS to NCL, and NCL to EDB, to be booked separately.
If you can do it, 2 quid each way would still be a phenomenal bargain.

YorkC

Are TPE ending their TOTUM discount? It's not applying for journeys beyond late-ish January as far as I can see.

Edit - feel like I'm going mad here after the same happened with LNER a few days ago, but all seems to be working now.

Last edited:

Banham7

I actually queried this with LNER a few weeks back as I could not find a single train included in the offer. They got back to me stating there is limited availability on each train and it is possible that the trains I searched could have sold out using this offer (which I find strange considering I tried several different dates and routes).

trover

And no "through" advances.
So for eg. LDS to EDB will need 2 tickets, LDS to NCL, and NCL to EDB, to be booked separately.
If you can do it, 2 quid each way would still be a phenomenal bargain.
On some of the routes, yes, e.g. Man Picc to Scarborough changing at York

YorkC

I actually queried this with LNER a few weeks back as I could not find a single train included in the offer. They got back to me stating there is limited availability on each train and it is possible that the trains I searched could have sold out using this offer (which I find strange considering I tried several different dates and routes).
Yeah - for a couple of weeks I had the same issue but it seems to be sorted now

_toommm_

Established Member
Flash sale on Uber tickets for Eurostar. Not sure if it’s exclusive to Uber:

Dreaming of a European holiday?​

Book Eurostar tickets on the Uber app by 22 January, for trips between 24 January and 27 March 2024 and get tickets from just £39 each way!* (Yes, we said £39!)

Will it be a romantic trip to Paris, a city-break in Brussels or a long weekend in Lille? Pick your destination and grab this great deal!

Sapphire Blue

TPE sale has allowed me to purchase tickets for one trip (HUD>LIVret 2 adults) and now says I can't buy anymore with this offer.
If this is the same for all, make sure you buy your 1st preference.

trover

TPE sale has allowed me to purchase tickets for one trip (HUD>LIVret 2 adults) and now says I can't buy anymore with this offer.
If this is the same for all, make sure you buy your 1st preference.
It’s written in their T&Cs, maximum 8 tickets per transaction, maximum 1 transaction per account. Not sure if registering more than one account violates their T&Cs though.

RAPC

Got a nice family day out sorted during half term from Preston to Edinburgh and return. Can't argue for £5 all in for 2 adults and a child. Just need TPE to actually run the services on the day...

Jamesrob637

Established Member
It’s written in their T&Cs, maximum 8 tickets per transaction, maximum 1 transaction per account. Not sure if registering more than one account violates their T&Cs though.

I registered with 2 different e-mail addresses back in winter 2020 and didn't encounter any serious issues. Ironically, I couldn't use half of the booked tickets though due to lockdown.

Alex C.

Trainline seem to be running an ad hoc promotion at the moment, my wife (who travels far less than me) got an email yesterday with a code for a free one year railcard (could be applied to any type). The code is one use but explicitly transferrable to someone else. She opted for the railcard and got it completely for free. I believe her current 26-30 railcard expired the day before she received the email and I think she held that on trainline.

This may have been mentioned before but I'd not seen it.

Sapphire Blue

It didn't have the restriction last time, or if it did, it didn't work.
We did 6 trips, leaving another 4 unused at lockdown.
All booked on one account.
Hey-hum.