• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
And it seems other ways around things don't work this time :|

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
And it seems other ways around things don't work this time :|

Quite a few loopholes were patched up last time they ran this promotion.

Nowhere near as flexible as it was the first time they ran it.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Quite a few loopholes were patched up last time they ran this promotion.

Nowhere near as flexible as it was the first time they ran it.

It certainly isn't. My favourite was form resubmission with the same details, they ain't having that anymore!

TP

kar3emosman

Thanks lyesbkz!

Just got a 1st return from STP-SHF for only £25.60!

Trying to make as much use as I can from my YP railcard before it expires in Sep!

OwlMan

Established Member
Family & Friends Railcard promotion

Between 11 and 23 May, the Daily Mail will be offering a free two month Family & Friends Railcard to readers of the Daily Mail who go online to register at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/dailymail.

All Railcards will be sent out by 31 May 2013 and will be valid until 31 July 2013. After which time these trial Railcard holders will have the chance to claim £10 off the price of a 1-year Family & Friends Railcard online, with a unique code. The two month Railcards will be temporary and will feature the Daily Mail logo. Standard Family & Friends Railcard terms and conditions apply to these Railcards.

aleph_0

Redspottedhanky are giving 100 reward points for every transaction in May with no £1(*) minimum spend. Points may take until end of June to be added.

Details here, Terms and Conditions (item 7). RSH have confirmed the points are awarded for every booking made in response to a question on their facebook page.

(*) Edit: RSH don't seem to allow transactions under £1.

Last edited:

Searle

Established Member
Redspottedhanky are giving 100 reward points for every transaction in May with no minimum spend. Points may take until end of June to be added.

Details here, Terms and Conditions (item 7). RSH have confirmed the points are awarded for every booking made in response to a question on their facebook page.

If you had the same thought as me (why don't I buy a 60p ticket?), don't bother. They've put on a minimum spend of £1 :(

aleph_0

If you had the same thought as me (why don't I buy a 60p ticket?), don't bother. They've put on a minimum spend of £1 :(

This was my plan also (LIC-LTV Child Single 25p), until I tried it this evening. I'll edit my original posts accordingly.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Family & Friends Railcard "free for two months" is back. Valid until 31st July. Claim by 23rd May.

causton

Established Member
Incidentally, one of the three TVM's at Forest Hill, despite the software change still had Southern on the chip and pin reader display and would show on my bank statements as 'SOUTHERN RAILWAY' for months after LO took over management of the station. All the others correctly displayed London Overground.

Yes, the original one at Clapham High Street does/did that! Picking up some advance tickets I want roundels on so might see if it still does ;)

DJ737

G'day

Signed my cousin up for the Daily Mail F&F railcard offer, she can take her sisters kids to Lamphey to visit their Grandparents.

Thanks for the heads up :D

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Coming soon? I have already ordered mine through that link.

You sure it was the same link? There's definitely no call to action on that web page to get them and it says 'Coming Soon' in big letters on the right hand side where you would expect to find a button to click on.

aleph_0

You sure it was the same link? There's definitely no call to action on that web page to get them and it says 'Coming Soon' in big letters on the right hand side where you would expect to find a button to click on.

I managed to get the vouchers yesterday too. I expect they reached the quota, and the text changed to the more optimistic 'coming soon' (maybe they know they'll release another batch), rather than 'sold out'?

Searle

Established Member
Coming soon? I have already ordered mine through that link.

Do you know if they send them through as physical vouchers or do you get an email with the code on? I can't see a code on the emails I've got so I'd thought I'd just check (also I did it last night before they sold out, I can't get it now either).

lyesbkz

Do you know if they send them through as physical vouchers or do you get an email with the code on?.

Neither. The £5 voucher is added to the RSH account corresponding to the e-mail address used on Tesco's website. If you don't have a RSH account with that e-mail address then when you create one the voucher will automatically be there (this is how they do the conversion of Clubcard vouchers too, and I don't see why it should be any different).

Goatboy

Established Member
Not another bodged voucher deal from redspottedhanky.

Have they ever done one which actually worked smoothly?

Searle

Established Member
Neither. The £5 voucher is added to the RSH account corresponding to the e-mail address used on Tesco's website. If you don't have a RSH account with that e-mail address then when you create one the voucher will automatically be there (this is how they do the conversion of Clubcard vouchers too, and I don't see why it should be any different).

Ok thanks :D

jon0844

Veteran Member
Between 11 and 23 May, the Daily Mail will be offering a free two month Family & Friends Railcard to readers of the Daily Mail who go online to register at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/dailymail.

Thank God my parents buy the Daily Mail so I won't have to. At least this year, we'll be able to benefit from this card now we have a child, so we don't have to borrow/steal another child!

Edit: Thought there might be some codes to get from the paper - but seems not. So, one card now ordered and I will almost certainly then buy one afterwards.

Stompa

available again...
Thanks for that.

I note that it says 'There is a maximum of 3 credits per customer account', but it would only allow me to order one.

Or maybe it means 3 credits per RSH customer account?

Last edited:

aleph_0

Thanks for that.

I note that it says 'There is a maximum of 3 credits per customer account', but it would only allow me to order one.

Or maybe it means 3 credits per RSH customer account?

You can do 3 separate orders of 1 credit each.

Stompa

You can do 3 separate orders of 1 credit each.
Thanks, I'd tried that previously and it didn't work. However, having just done so again it's allowed me to order a couple more. Seems an odd system to me!

A1

Didn't work for me. Perhaps it is like the last promotion where it took several days for it to turn up in my account.

Not another bodged voucher deal from redspottedhanky.

Have they ever done one which actually worked smoothly?

Seems that way at first glance!!!