• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Free travel in London offer running on Mondays only for four weeks, starting today. Does not include boats but does include the cable car. Subject to a maximum refund of £27.90 per cardholder, per day. You will be billed as normal and refunded at a later date.

You have to pay using Mastercard with Apple Pay.

westv

Established Member
I saw that VTEC tweeted that something EPIC (their capitals) will be announced Friday. I expect it will be a change of biscuits in 1st class to custard creams.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I saw that VTEC tweeted that something EPIC (their capitals) will be announced Friday. I expect it will be a change of biscuits in 1st class to custard creams.

I would say double nectar points for a limited time, but I had an email about that yesterday.

A Black Friday seat sale most likely will be the announcement

westv

Established Member
I would say double nectar points for a limited time, but I had an email about that yesterday.

A Black Friday seat sale most likely will be the announcement

When's the double points offer on? Nothing received here. Not that double points is worth much.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes, it's a seat sale so I won't hold out much hope for anything to benefit my route then.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

Free wifi in standard class today, it seems, unless something else is being announced later.

London Midland are offering 50% off advance tickets booked between now and Sunday night.

bakerstreet

Gatwick Express have disappeared off Quidco and TopCashBack. What is the best cashback for rail tickets (non TOC specific) now....?

Romilly

Established Member

It's actually 50% off VTEC Advances for travel in the period 4th January to 12th February 2016 if booked by 9pm today.

westv

Established Member
When's the double points offer on? Nothing received here. Not that double points is worth much.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes, it's a seat sale so I won't hold out much hope for anything to benefit my route then.

I was actually surprised to be able to get 50% off tickets x 6 for Fridays.

woody505

Trans Pennine doing triple nectar points this weekend. Triple points apply between 00:01 on Friday 27th November to 23:59 on Monday 30th November 2015.

Just booked a £4 train gave me 24 points hopefully they'll honour that :D

hassaanhc

Established Member
Virgin Trains West Coast: First Class Seat Sale. Tickets from £17.50 with no further discount for railcards.
Book until 3 December for travel 12 December to 23 January 2016.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-30-12-37-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-30-12-37-20.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Bill Badger

This must be one of the most convoluted sales ever devised!!

15% discount on off-peak returns TO Basingstoke, Portsmouth, Salisbury and Southampton - all from a different set of destinations after 10am (apart from Southampton which is 9.55) and can't return between 4-7pm any day including weekends.

Oh yes..... and only available if purchased in advance online

Details here: South West Trains Sale

Kite159

Veteran Member
This must be one of the most convoluted sales ever devised!!

15% discount on off-peak returns TO Basingstoke, Portsmouth, Salisbury and Southampton - all from a different set of destinations after 10am (apart from Southampton which is 9.55) and can't return between 4-7pm any day including weekends.

Oh yes..... and only available if purchased in advance online

Details here: South West Trains Sale

Seems to be rather pointless, 15% off with no further discount for rail-cards, for a limited number of stations only to Basingstoke [and who wants to go to Basingstoke?], Portsmouth, Salisbury or Southampton.

Surprised Winchester isn't mentioned as they've got a good Christmas market

furlong

Established Member
How reliable are these people for cash back on regular weekly ticket purchases?

You can never be certain you'll get the cashback you expect from any cashback site. And google will lead you to some interesting stories about previous companies connected with the founder of this one.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Virgin Trains West Coast: First Class Seat Sale. Tickets from £17.50 with no further discount for railcards.
Book until 3 December for travel 12 December to 23 January 2016.

Thanks for the tip-off; this is excellent. I've booked the 1630 London Euston > Glasgow Central for £35 First Class :P

extendedpaul

I agree - a really worthwhile deal. We've booked a Monday up on an evening meal service from London to Glasgow and a Wednesday back on a breakfast service for a total of £140 for two. I liked being told I had saved about £800 :D

Worth knowing that there is currently a 30% discount code (BOOKJAN3 worked 20 minutes ago) for travelodge January stays. We got two nights at the Glasgow Central Travelodge for a total of £53.20 reduced from £76

There are centrally located travelodges all along the Virgin West Coast routes, eg Lancaster, Carlisle, Preston, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham and of course London.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Yes, but I deleted it, it seemed to offer things I wouldn't be interested in.

If there are any nuggets in there that I may have missed I'll be kicking myself!

Same here.

Although VTEC sent me a 1000 bonus points email for my next booking, and I'm finding it hard to use it (got no real plans involving Virgin Trains East Coast for the next few months which haven't already been booked)

IanD

Established Member
Same here.

Although VTEC sent me a 1000 bonus points email for my next booking, and I'm finding it hard to use it (got no real plans involving Virgin Trains East Coast for the next few months which haven't already been booked)

Damn, I believed it when the told me I'd been chosen because I'm a valued customer (never booked a ticket with them in my life) and also great looking (can't fault their reasoning there ;) )

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Yes, but I deleted it, it seemed to offer things I wouldn't be interested in.

If there are any nuggets in there that I may have missed I'll be kicking myself!

20% off Virgin advance fares with the code VRed20?

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/virgin-red-20

The webpage implies you have to be a Virgin Red member to take advantage but playing around with the journey planner seems to bring up the 20% fares without any membership requirement.