• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Anyone managed to buy a £10 Northern day ticket yet? I tried Leeds travel centre yesterday but was told they can't sell them yet as they won't receive the codes and issuing instructions till Thursday. Seems odd as I'd have thought they could just use the same ones as last year?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dfurn

Anyone managed to buy a £10 Northern day ticket yet? I tried Leeds travel centre yesterday but was told they can't sell them yet as they won't receive the codes and issuing instructions till Thursday. Seems odd as I'd have thought they could just use the same ones as last year?

From http://www.northernrail.org/september2014 :

"Terms and conditions: Tickets are available for sale from: Thursday 18 September - Sunday 19 October 2014."

ModernRailways

Established Member
Those of you on 02 (or who have 02 priority moments some other way like me) can get a free £10 Gift Voucher for EastCoast. Just login to Prioirty Moments and then go to 'Travel' - 'Online' and it should be there. I've just claimed mine and there are around 10,000 up for grabs.

extendedpaul

Those of you on 02 (or who have 02 priority moments some other way like me) can get a free £10 Gift Voucher for EastCoast. sh ould be thereJust login to Prioirty Moments and then go to 'Travel' - 'Online' and it. I've just claimed mine and there are around 10,000 up for grabs.

I'm on O2 and have a priority moments account but I can only get concert tickets offers. I tried a search for travel but no success. Any chance of a link ?

ModernRailways

Established Member
I'm on O2 and have a priority moments account but I can only get concert tickets offers. I tried a search for travel but no success. Any chance of a link ?

You sure you have the right app?

You should have a list of different offers, then in the top left an option to show all the categories. Then by selecting Travel then the Online tab you should have it.

Searle

Established Member
Where do you put the code in? My brother got me a code (10 characters long), but I'm at a loss of what to do with it :(

ModernRailways

Established Member
Where do you put the code in? My brother got me a code (10 characters long), but I'm at a loss of what to do with it :(

Login to your East Coast account and then click 'My Account' then 'My Bookings' then in the left hand side click 'eVoucher details' and then just add it in.

Searle

Established Member
Hm, doesn't seem to be working for mine. It's only 10 characters in length, not the full 25, was it the same for you?

dfurn

Hm, doesn't seem to be working for mine. It's only 10 characters in length, not the full 25, was it the same for you?

Does the code begin ECPR? You need to put that somewhere to generate your evoucher if I'm understanding what the hotukdeals people are talking about. But as I'm not an o2 moments person I have no idea what that might be. If you can't work it out share it on here and someone else will probably get it to work!

Scotty

Just got mine... you do it within the app (but it looks like East Coast's website, so there must be a link somewhere), enter your ECPR code and it generates an eVoucher code to enter on East Coast's site.

Searle

Established Member
Just got mine... you do it within the app (but it looks like East Coast's website, so there must be a link somewhere), enter your ECPR code and it generates an eVoucher code to enter on East Coast's site.

Thanks, I'll get back to you on whether it works! ;)

extendedpaul

You sure you have the right app?

You should have a list of different offers, then in the top left an option to show all the categories. Then by selecting Travel then the Online tab you should have it.

I only have an ancient 02 PAYG phone, not a smartphone so no apps. I was looking for the offer on the Priority Moments website, which I use to book gig tickets occasionally, but it doesn't seem to be there.

ModernRailways

Established Member
I only have an ancient 02 PAYG phone, not a smartphone so no apps. I was looking for the offer on the Priority Moments website, which I use to book gig tickets occasionally, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Ah! I think it may just be for smartphones.

You could always try phoning 02?

MKD

Thanks to ModernRailways' posting a few days back - I immediately managed via the o2 Priority Moments website as described by ModernRailways to start a claim for a o2 Priority code to claim £10 East Coast eVoucher, and today 'n' days later, I finally worked out where I could access and use it. Sharing my process in case it helps anyone else.

A few days back I used the o2 website to claim it but despite what it said on screen no o2 claim code ever appeared and it just went to the East Coast Internet website form that required the unique o2 code to be input to claim their eVoucher code. (This MIGHT be due to my using Internet Explorer 11 or just a generic bug when using the website.)

I tried reporting "problem" via the o2 system but didn't hear anything back from them ever.

Today I thought to look on the website again - which still showed I had 'used' the offer... looked on my o2 SmartPhone and found it was in My Offers there (I hadn't seen it previously on my phone) and following it through on the phone it showed during a dialog an Internet URL including a "code=XXXXXX" string. I used that o2 code back on the East Coast website and hey presto immediately got shown the promised gift £10 evoucher [be sure once your evoucher code appears to print or copy it somewhere safe as you have to manually enter it during their booking process].

Anyway £10 happier bunny here - thanks again!

Last edited:

postye

Is there anybody that can make use of 2 tokens for the £10 northern rail promotion?
I had 2 that I was hoping to use, but due to circumstances I wont now be able to so if anybody can make use of them feel free to send me a PM and i'll happily send them on

now claimed

Last edited:

TEW

Established Member
No restrictions past Salisbury this time either as far as I can tell.

bnm

Established Member
No restrictions past Salisbury this time either as far as I can tell.

Try booking a CDR journey from Bristol-Waterloo via Salisbury on the direct SWT services. Despite the flow being priced by SWT and the morning and evening direct services being outside any time exclusions, the offer won't show. I've spoken to SWT about this today and I've been waiting for the (in a few minutes) call back.

I predict that I'll be told Bristol-Warminster is excluded and the T&Cs will be updated. :roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Serve me right for my cynicism.

I've been told that Bristol-Warminster should be included in the Half Term offer for the Off Peak Day Returns that SWT price from those stations.

Details have been noted by Customer Services management and passed onto the fares team and the missing special offer fares should be uploaded to the booking systems in the next two to three days.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Hooray,

The West Yorkshire Metrocard Winter Offer appears to be coming back - and for a rather larger time frame than last year - 2nd November - 29th March.

https://www.wymetro.com/news/Special_winter_offer_on_England’s_most_scenic_railway/

The old flat fare has been replaced by a zonal offer:

£11 for stations near Hellifield
£12 for stations to Carnforth/Appleby
£13 for stations to Lancaster/Carlisle.

Still not a bad deal - though I'd probably have included Lancaster in the £12 zone myself.

Last edited:

Starmill

Veteran Member
Hooray,

The West Yorkshire Metrocard Winter Offer appears to be coming back - and for a rather larger time frame than last year - 2nd November - 29th March.

https://www.wymetro.com/news/Special_winter_offer_on_England’s_most_scenic_railway/

The old flat fare has been replaced by a zonal offer:

£11 for stations near Hellifield
£12 for stations to Carnforth/Appleby
£13 for stations to Lancaster/Carlisle.

Still not a bad deal - though I'd probably have included Lancaster in the £12 zone myself.

It appears this offer is available to the holders of all MCards - not just MCard holders with a product valid at the time of travel! Interesting!

Kite159

Veteran Member
Despite this being advertised as only being available when purchased 24 hours in advance, TVMs are offering half price tickets for immediate travel.

Oops. I wonder if the TVMs are allowing half-price tickets for dodgy routings (i.e. Grateley to Earley, where the normal routing via FGW/XC to Reading isn't allowed) They did for the £15 offer over Summer.

(Makes a note to test it out tomorrow if I have time)