• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Kite159

Veteran Member
The offer is only available to the recipient of this email

So basically if you haven't had the email you won't get the bonus points?
---

I see there is a 20% off advance tickets for users of the Virgin Red app at the moment

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
Virgin Trains West Coast sent me a 20% off voucher, despite me only ever booking using a Railcard, and this promotion not being valid with Railcards! The voucher is also limited to bookings for a maximum of 2 adults, so it is of no use to families or groups. Not a patch on London Midland. (In fairness, London Midland have the most generous promotions - and therefore the greatest incentive to travel - of any train operator. Probably followed by TransPennine Express.)

Last edited:

Red Dragon

Trans Pennine 48hour Flash Sale - Extra 25% off Advance Purchase tickets, Railcards are valid too...............

We're offering an extra 25% off* our great value Advance Purchase tickets for any bookings made by 12.00 on Thursday 5th May at tpexpress.co.uk/flashsale or through the link below. Travel on sale tickets from Wednesday 4th May until Saturday 23rd July. There's no booking fee and you can collect 2 Nectar points for every £1 you spend. So hop on board the new TransPennine Express and see what our part of the world has to offer. Where next?
book now
Here's the link
http://www.tpexpress.co.uk/special-offers/48-hour-flash-sale/
** Please note that this great offer is only available for journeys that are entirely on TransPennine Express trains, or for journeys which are on TransPennine Express trains and selected connections. **

Last edited:

LeylandLen

Northern Rail are again offering travel for £10 day( £17 weekends) with 2 tokens collected from Johnston Press newspapers , my local one being Leyland/ Chorley Guardian , Tokens printed w/c May 16th for travel May 16th to July 27th excluding half term May 28th June 5th).

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Northern Rail are again offering travel for £10 day( £17 weekends) with 2 tokens collected from Johnston Press newspapers , my local one being Leyland/ Chorley Guardian , Tokens printed w/c May 16th for travel May 16th to July 27th excluding half term May 28th June 5th).

Certainly good to know that these are still happening with the new franchise !

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member

Certainly good to know that these are still happening with the new franchise !

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

*ahem ahem*

Thats great blooming news! Looks like a massive clearing of units for me!

westv

Established Member
Has Hull Trains ever done a reduced ticket price offer? Or any type of offer?

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Anyone know if the tokens are the same as previous?

Karl

On Moderation

Excellent news!

Do you have a link for this offer please? I can't seem to find anything on Northern's website.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'd also like to take advantage of this offer again, so I need to get somewhere where the papers are sold. Confirmation of which papers they're in would be ideal, and like Ark I'd be going on a MU bashing spree as well as eliminating some shack requirements!

CaptainHaddock

Established Member

According to last night's Yorkshire Evening Post, the last date is July 17th, not the 27th. As the promo normally finishes on a Sunday I suspect it will finish on the 17th.

As for tokens, as I've mentioned in the past, the Yorkshire Evening Post is normally given away free by vendors outside Leeds station between 4 and 5 on a weekday, and they're usually happy to give you as many copies as you like.

dfurn

As for tokens, as I've mentioned in the past, the Yorkshire Evening Post is normally given away free by vendors outside Leeds station between 4 and 5 on a weekday, and they're usually happy to give you as many copies as you like.

Oh do they do that every evening? So all we need to know is the days the tokens are to be printed and job's a good 'un.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Oh do they do that every evening? So all we need to know is the days the tokens are to be printed and job's a good 'un.

Well I can't guarantee it but they've been there every weekday for the past six months or so.

Apparently tokens will appear in w/c 16 May, ie from next Monday in the YEP. I'm not sure about other papers, I would imagine the promo will be advertised locally and where and when the tokens are printed may differ.

dfurn

Well I can't guarantee it but they've been there every weekday for the past six months or so.

Apparently tokens will appear in w/c 16 May, ie from next Monday in the YEP. I'm not sure about other papers, I would imagine the promo will be advertised locally and where and when the tokens are printed may differ.

Thanks for that Captain; I'll provisionally plan to get off to Leeds Station on Monday 16th and grab some papers.

hassaanhc

Established Member
Virgin Trains East Coast are allowing those with Doncaster to London King's Cross Advance tickets to take another service up to an hour earlier or later than booked.
https://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/powerhour?_ga=1.95424473.454008397.1451918437

Feel the power of an hour
Our Advance tickets for travel from Doncaster to London King’s Cross now come with a little extra flexibility at no extra cost.

Doncaster, you lucky ducks: travelling to London just got super flexible and we mean super flexible.

When you travel from Doncaster to London King’s Cross (and vice versa) on an Advance ticket, you can now board any of our services up to 1 hour either side of your scheduled service.

Simply buy your Advance ticket as usual – keeping an eye out for the logo below when booking online.

And if you happen to be a little early or late, you can jump on a train that suits you better.

Terms and Conditions
  1. Flexibility available on Virgin Trains Advance tickets booked for travel between Doncaster and London King’s Cross only. Booking and travel must be on a Virgin Trains service.
  2. Promotion booking and travel period 25 April – 24 July 2016. Not valid on group bookings for over 9 people. Seat not guaranteed if travelling on different train to one booked, no other
  3. Advance T&Cs are affected by this added flexibility. It is the passenger’s responsibility to check times of alternative services within an hour of the original booking.

Karl

On Moderation
Here is the link on Northern's site, listing about 40 daily/weekly papers .Im sure there is a paper near you !

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/jpress

Nice one Len, thanks for the link.

Here's to a few more days out round the Cumbria Coast to Carlisle, down the S&C to Leeds, change for York and then home to Bamber Bridge on a Blackpool service! Wonderful!

Fingers crossed that the tokens are the same too as I've still got 8 left from the Northern's last promotion. However I don't mind purchasing the Lancashire Evening Post for a while.

LeylandLen

That itinerary given by KARL is doable , leaving Preston on 0927 to Barrow with loco hauled stock to Carlisle , bus via Appleby to Leeds , back to Preston arr 1849.Not sure about going via York. I would like to 'explore' the eastern side of Northerns network , would probably mean driving to Huddersfield from Preston and starting my exploring there.

crehld

Established Member
The attached advert appeared in today's Stoke Sentinel, meaning Local World newspapers will also be part of the Northern promotion.

I would remind those with leftover vouchers that they are likely to look different this time around - new logo for a start!

Attachments

• IMAG1041.jpg
    IMAG1041.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 63