• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Speeding on motorways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
The solution is a law specifically prohibiting parking on the footway (as exists in the Greater London area already), and that is once again under discussion, I believe.

The main reason why people don't park on the footway in London is because the kerbs in London are usually 2"-3" higher than anywhere else. You can't get on the footway without knackering your suspension.

I think most people speed every now and then, I know I do on motorways, but I find the argument that speed cameras are "taxes on motorists" to be ridiculous. I speed knowing that if PC Plod's camera catches me it'll be £60.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The main reason why people don't park on the footway in London is because the kerbs in London are usually 2"-3" higher than anywhere else. You can't get on the footway without knackering your suspension.

I think most people speed every now and then, I know I do on motorways, but I find the argument that speed cameras are "taxes on motorists" to be ridiculous. I speed knowing that if PC Plod's camera catches me it'll be £60.

And 3 points, and 4x3 = 12 points and a ban, unless of course you're somebody terribly important, in which case you can fork out £50,000 in legal fees and carry on driving.<(

EM2

Established Member
I understand that the Metropolitan Police face having their budget cut quite substantially. May I suggest they set up a speed trap in the 50mph section on the eastbound A2 early on a weekday morning? They will make an absolute fortune.
I have never seen a speed limit so blatantly ignored than on that section at 5.40am today.

Status
Not open for further replies.