• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SPT Tendered Routes

Looks like SPT will have to find some more money for replacements for these two routes?

• PM2014327/2 Cancelled​

ANDREW JOHN MCLEAN
    Route: Calderbank to Coatbridge Fountain or Airdrie Cross via Monklands Hospital
    Service number: 42
    Service type: Limited Stop, Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 02 Jan 2024
  • PM2014327/1 Cancelled​

ANDREW JOHN MCLEAN
    Route: Airdrie Cross to Airdrie Cross via Carlisle Road, Chapelhall
    Service number: 47
    Service type: Normal Stopping

The 71pl and 23pl minibuses have been debranded and advertised for sale.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Observer

Looks like SPT will have to find some more money for replacements for these two routes?

• PM2014327/2 Cancelled​

ANDREW JOHN MCLEAN
    Route: Calderbank to Coatbridge Fountain or Airdrie Cross via Monklands Hospital
  • PM2014327/1 Cancelled​

ANDREW JOHN MCLEAN
Someone else will probably take the services on. Perhaps it has already been agreed upon so keep an eye out for any new registrations.
The 71pl and 23pl minibuses have been debranded and advertised for sale.
Yes seen them for sale earlier in the week, will go very quickly. Surprised that Stuarts never snapped them up themselves since they have been replacing their fleet with them as of late and they are based on the same site.

That's been going on a long time. I remember a few decades back Muirkirk having a better Sunday evening than weekday daytime service!
Not to go a million miles off topic, but when I lived in Ravenscraig, I always thought our only bus service was a good example of “what are SPT thinking about”

The 367. An hourly service from Ravenscraig Sports Centre to Harthill Services that only runs between 1900 and 2300 Monday to Saturday. Why not just run from Wishaw Hospital to Torbothie as it does the rest of the day (As the 365/6).

Ravenscraig has no other bus services at any other time of the day, and this one doesn’t even pass where the majority of housing is in the development, instead going towards Wishaw. It was a good 25 minute walk from my house to the stop for the 254. By that point you were usually just as well walking the next 25 minutes to the town centre.

However, now I’ve moved to an area with an almost comically unreliable SPT funded service (funny if I hadn’t had a 3hr walk home one night from the station when the last bus didn’t show), it makes Ravenscraig look well connected.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Not to go a million miles off topic, but when I lived in Ravenscraig, I always thought our only bus service was a good example of “what are SPT thinking about”

The 367. An hourly service from Ravenscraig Sports Centre to Harthill Services that only runs between 1900 and 2300 Monday to Saturday. Why not just run from Wishaw Hospital to Torbothie as it does the rest of the day (As the 365/6).

Ravenscraig has no other bus services at any other time of the day, and this one doesn’t even pass where the majority of housing is in the development, instead going towards Wishaw. It was a good 25 minute walk from my house to the stop for the 254. By that point you were usually just as well walking the next 25 minutes to the town centre.

However, now I’ve moved to an area with an almost comically unreliable SPT funded service (funny if I hadn’t had a 3hr walk home one night from the station when the last bus didn’t show), it makes Ravenscraig look well connected.
I thought the ARG 92 circular went to/from the Sports Centre every half hour from Motherwell station?

I thought the ARG 92 circular went to/from the Sports Centre every half hour from Motherwell station?
Not when I lived there (I left in mid 2022) it didn't, hence "but when I lived in Ravenscraig".

Fair play if it does now though, but maybe its not advertised or reliable enough.

jazza374

The 92 leaves Motherwell station at XX:10 and XX:40 and runs to Ravenscraig via Carfin and returns to Motherwell past New College and Flemington. Weekdays runs from 06:40 until 23:10, Saturdays 07:40 until 23:10, Sundays 09:10 till 19:40. Seems reliable enough however not very busy from my observations.

overthewater

Established Member

• PM2014327/2 Cancelled​

ANDREW JOHN MCLEAN
  • PM2014327/1 Cancelled​

ANDREW JOHN MCLEAN

For Calderbank SPT only paying for daytime Monday to Friday service and full Saturday service

Mainly because First Glasgow operates 202 before 10am and After 3pm on a weekday.

It seems No replacement for the No47.

JMB has re registered the 42 service and will be extended from Calderbank to Wishaw hospital via New Stevenson Holytoen and Motherwell.

• PM1087164/49 Registered​

J M B TRAVEL LTD
    Route: South Circular Road, Coatbridge to Wishaw General Hospital via Monklands, Airdrie, Calderbank, Holytown, New Stevenson, Motherwell
    Service number: 42 (42A)
    Effective date: 04 Mar 2024

Observer

JMB has re registered the 42 service and will be extended from Calderbank to Wishaw hospital via New Stevenson Holytoen and Motherwell.
Seems they must think that new Whitebus service is making some money to be taking a lot of their route in.

If you go to their own thread you will see that they have been having trouble with getting all their buses on the road and are seeking out replacements.

JKP

ARG Travel taking over the service 106 (Coatbridge - Shawhead) from United Coaches.

Rather odd timetable going on, for the week of 18th March it will run Monday to Thursday only as seen here:

And thereafter, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday only.
Rather odd. Given past Spt practice perhaps the service is run commercially on other days of the week? If so, Spt are unlikely to tell you as they only publicise journeys they contract. The other curiosity is that the timetable shows it running on Boxing Day and January 2nd if those dates correspond with the days of operation. Strange.

Bedford OB

Rather odd. Given past Spt practice perhaps the service is run commercially on other days of the week? If so, Spt are unlikely to tell you as they only publicise journeys they contract. The other curiosity is that the timetable shows it running on Boxing Day and January 2nd if those dates correspond with the days of operation. Strange.
It is Tues, Wed and Sat from 22 March because United Coaches registered again from that date, running on Mon, Thurs and Fri.

JKP

It is Tues, Wed and Sat from 22 March because United Coaches registered again from that date, running on Mon, Thurs and Fri.
Many thanks for the clarification. It would not have harmed SPT to have incorporated this information in their leaflet.

Bedford OB

Many thanks for the clarification. It would not have harmed SPT to have incorporated this information in their leaflet.
You are absolutely right. Not so long ago, even if they did not wish to include a full timetable, they would at least have notified readers that a commercial service was provided over the corridor at other times during the week. In this rather confusing case, there should certainly have ben an explanation about the situation. They bleat, quite reasonably some times, about the activities of commercial operators, but then they behave like this. Hopeless .....