• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North Scotland (Bluebird and Highland)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spotted 27811 in aviemore this evening, 27810 and 27917 also being used around aviemore today. I wonder how much longer the E300s have left with the highlands. Are the scania E300s also scheduled to be withdrawn once more evoras enter service at inverness?

MasterSpenny

Bus Lists on the Web (buslistsontheweb.co.uk) has now confirmed the following:
Fleet CodeRegistration Plate
21402SJ73HTP
21413SJ73HUP
21414SJ73HUU
21416SJ73HUY

39510 is SJ73HVB.
The latest I’m seeing on buslistsontheweb.co.uk is:
Fleet - Registration
21401 - SJ73HTO
21403 - SJ73HTT
21404 - SJ73HTU
21405 - SJ73HTV
21406 - SJ73HTX
21407 - SJ73HTY
21408 - SJ73HTZ
21409 - SJ73HUA
21410 - SJ73HUH
21411 - SJ73HUK
21412 - SJ73HUO
21415 - SJ73HUV
39508 - SJ73HUZ
39509 - SJ73HVA
39511 - SJ73HVC

Ricky Kane

Spotted 27811 in aviemore this evening, 27810 and 27917 also being used around aviemore today. I wonder how much longer the E300s have left with the highlands. Are the scania E300s also scheduled to be withdrawn once more evoras enter service at inverness?
I believe the new Evoras will replace all single decker buses older that the 2018 E200mmc apart from the 2015 Orkney EV Solo.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I don't think avimore depot has had such a modern fleet ever in my lifetime. Really good to see them investing in the Highlands as you'd think this wouldn't necessarily be great bus territory and therefore not attract fleet upgrades to the extent that it seems to do

Surreyman

I don't think avimore depot has had such a modern fleet ever in my lifetime. Really good to see them investing in the Highlands as you'd think this wouldn't necessarily be great bus territory and therefore not attract fleet upgrades to the extent that it seems to do
But is this actually Stagecoach investing or the Scottish Government? Someone more local can hopefully clarify?

Volvodart

Established Member
The initial new buses for Orkney was accompanied by a large increase in the amount Orkney Council paid Stagecoach in annual subsidy, but I am unaware what happened after that. Obviously where there was competition in Caithness Stagecoach lost work to a competitor, which is unlikely to have been possible elsewhere.

Last edited:

Ricky Kane

But is this actually Stagecoach investing or the Scottish Government? Someone more local can hopefully clarify?
I Believe the Yutong E12 were part of a grant as well as the Orkney buses.The rest of Inverness buses and Skye i believe is just fleet upgrades.

PG

Established Member
If its the Scottish Government then I'd have thought there would be a clause tying the buses to that area for a certain period. After that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them transferred elsewhere...

Red Onion

Thanks for the info :)
Seems like someone else isn't sure what the fares are going to be either!

I wasn’t sure either! Seem to be reasonably in line with previous years. Interesting to see that these have started far in advance of the festive period which should give a decent indication as to use. Might even make use of them one night!

Morayshire

The stance lottery at Aberdeen Union Square bus station now has a new twist. Stances 10 to 12 have been closed (at least they were on Friday 27th October) and fenced off (repair works maybe?). Buses from those stances are supposedly using stance 14. Monday should be "interesting" as people play hunt the bus stance.

PG

Established Member
The stance lottery at Aberdeen Union Square bus station now has a new twist. Stances 10 to 12 have been closed (at least they were on Friday 27th October) and fenced off (repair works maybe?). Buses from those stances are supposedly using stance 14. Monday should be "interesting" as people play hunt the bus stance.
Is stance 14 the one near to the Guild St exit that the airport service uses? Come to that is there a stance 13 or did superstition mean it was omitted?

Volvodart

Established Member
Is stance 14 the one near to the Guild St exit that the airport service uses? Come to that is there a stance 13 or did superstition mean it was omitted?

Necessary repairs to the Buchan stances require the temporary relocation to using the new stance which I presume will be 13 with 14 being the old 727 stance alongside.

Last edited:

NIT100

Bus catches fire on A93 in Aberdeenshire with emergency services on the scene

Emergency crews raced to an Aberdeenshire road after a bus caught fire on Monday morning.
The incident, which reportedly involved a Stagecoach Bluebird bus, occurred on the A93 between Aboyne and Banchory near the Potarch Bridge where three fire appliances worked to extinguish the blaze.
The cause of the blaze is currently unknown. Police Scotland confirmed that there had been no reports of any injuries and that the road was closed while crews deal with the aftermath of the fire.
Drivers have been warned of heavy traffic in the area with a diversion route in place on the B993 via Torphins or South Deeside Road. Services in the area are facing delays of around 20 minutes.
A police spokesperson said: "Around 8.30am on Monday, 30 October, 2023, police received a report of a bus on fire on the A93 near Bridge of Canny, Banchory. Officers assisted with road management. There are no reports of any injuries.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 8.10am on Monday, October 30 we were alerted to reports of a bus on fire at the A93 near to Potarch, Banchory.
“Operations Control mobilised three fire appliances and firefighters extinguished a fire affecting one bus.
“There were no reported casualties and crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”
The incident marks the second time fire crews have had to battle a bus blaze on the A93 this year with a previous fire occurring between Banchory and Crathes in April.
Scottish Conservative MSP for Aberdeenshire West, Alexander Burnett, shared an image of this morning's fire and called on Stagecoach to investigate the issue.
Mr Burnett said: "This is a deeply alarming incident and I’m glad no one was hurt in the bus fire.
“I’m extremely concerned that this is the second Stagecoach bus fire of its kind in the Banchory area in recent months after a double decker burst into flames near Crathes.
“Stagecoach must address these issues transparently and conduct a thorough investigation to ensure each and every one of their vehicles have maximum fire safety protections.
“These fires are clearly causing concern among passengers who need to be assured that these faults are being resolved by the company.”
A spokesperson for Stagecoach said: "Due to an emergency closure of A93 at Potarch, 201 services are facing delays of around 20 minutes in each direction as the diversion is via Raemoir Road, A980 and B993. All stops between Banchory and Kincardine o neil will be missed."

Local news reporting it is another Stagecoach bus. Good that there are no reported injuries. Anyone know which bus it is, does seem to be becoming a habit?

PG

Established Member

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Seen one of the Highland Evoras coming into Aberdeen on the 10 today.

That didn't take long!
The use of an Evora is more unusual albeit not a first, its usually one of the Citylink branded Elites or the new 23 plate Enviro400MMCs that Inverness use on their 10 duties or whenever they need to cover a Bluebird run.

Last edited:

Red Onion

With the night services having been running for a couple of weeks now, does anybody know how they are doing in terms of usage?

Bowie

Does anyone have any idea what’s happening with recently withdrawn 27916 SN63 VUR? Its sibling went off to Bluebird so I’m surprised it hasn’t followed it

Does anyone have any idea what’s happening with recently withdrawn 27916 SN63 VUR? Its sibling went off to Bluebird so I’m surprised it hasn’t followed it
Disregard that, apparently it’s gone down to Cumbria along with E200’s SV08 GUU and SY57 AYF although theres no evidence

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Disregard that, apparently it’s gone down to Cumbria along with E200’s SV08 GUU and SY57 AYF although theres no evidence
I assume this is in reference to the following tweet. The information posted by that Twitter account comes from the official fleet cards which are published by Stagecoach themselves.
Fleet Update: Stagecoach Cumbria Further transfers due from Stagecoach Highlands are Enviro 300 27916 and Enviro 200s 36047/68

Purely speculative however it wouldn't surprise me if 27917 is just on loan to Moray, as per 27107 which has now transferred to Cumbria.

Bowie

I assume this is in reference to the following tweet. The information posted by that Twitter account comes from the official fleet cards which are published by Stagecoach themselves.

Purely speculative however it wouldn't surprise me if 27917 is just on loan to Moray, as per 27107 which has now transferred to Cumbria.
You are correct about the Twitter post, that's what i was referring to, In 27917’s case it could well be the same as 27107’s case where it was a loan then went down to Cumbria

May I ask, how does one view the fleet cards?

Last edited:

aberdeen1

What is the deal with SK19 EKW 11175, Is there a reason it's based in Aberdeen and has been doing Aberdeen duties for the past two weeks?

Is it covering for another vehicle?

Ricky Kane

What is the deal with SK19 EKW 11175, Is there a reason it's based in Aberdeen and has been doing Aberdeen duties for the past two weeks?

Is it covering for another vehicle?

According to The Period 7 fleet card its a transfer from Elgin to Aberdeen.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Is it covering for another vehicle
19216 appears to have replaced it.

There was talk a few months back of two Enviro400MMCs moving to Aberdeen with Moray getting two E400s in their place to equalise the fleet age between depots, so this would align with that.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
According to The Period 7 fleet card its a transfer from Elgin to Aberdeen.
If these "fleet cards" are publicly available, please provide the relevant internet links so that others may view them. If they're not publicly available, please refrain from mentioning them.