• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North Scotland (Bluebird and Highland)

computerSaysNo

Established Member
Flying machines too helped by the fact they're ZF autos
Most of the time when I travel on the 10 I get one of the iShift 2010 Elites (which, honestly I prefer as they have non-leather seats) but on the occasion I get one of the ZF 2017 B11s I'm always amazed at how rapidly they accelerate.

Honestly though if they can adapt at Elgin to make longer coaches work then I'd say the PantherLEs would be a better fit. There are a lot of older people use the route and I'm sure they would appreciate a step-free entry. I'm not sure how reliable the toilets normally are on the coaches on the 10 but they've been working on 0% of the journeys I've been on them so if that's the usual then you wouldn't feel their loss on the PantherLEs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Honestly though if they can adapt at Elgin to make longer coaches work then I'd say the PantherLEs would be a better fit. There are a lot of older people use the route and I'm sure they would appreciate a step-free entry. I'm not sure how reliable the toilets normally are on the coaches on the 10 but they've been working on 0% of the journeys I've been on them so if that's the usual then you wouldn't feel their loss on the PantherLEs.
It's not going to happen without demolishing and rebuilding, I'm afraid. I remember when the current bus station in Elgin was built, drivers commented on how much tighter it was space-wise. When they built the St Giles Centre, the bus station was more or less a box-ticking exercise. The car park retained its original footprint and gained a few extra storeys in the process, but that of the bus station was more or less cut in half.

Highland050261

On Moderation
What's the source of this information, please?
Drivers that are currently being familiarised on the bus are all being told it's not here for trial but that it's here to get all the Joint Venture drivers trained on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volvodart

Established Member
Drivers that a currently being VF on the bus there all being told its not here for trial it's here to get all the Joint Venture drivers trained on.
You cannot see Stagecoach being willing to pay the full cost of electric coaches at present without subsidy from somewhere.

Highland050261

On Moderation
You cannot see Stagecoach being willing to pay the full cost of electric coaches at present without subsidy from somewhere.
Apparently government subsidy still going for another 2 years we will just need to wait and see I just thought it was Interesting.

Two of Cumbernauld 9700DD were in Inverness overnight for the morning runs.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Drivers that are currently being familiarised on the bus are all being told it's not here for trial but that it's here to get all the Joint Venture drivers trained on.
What joint venture are you talking about?

Bowie

As discussed above, I thought they were too long for the route.
Thats what im thinking, its long as hell just like the YX64 plate elites and they wouldn’t fit in Elgin Bus station. Hows the Yutong gonna manage? In my opinion electric vehicles shouldn’t be anywhere NEAR express work and kept only for city work

computerSaysNo

Established Member
In my opinion electric vehicles shouldn’t be anywhere NEAR express work and kept only for city work
Why?
What are you personally losing by electric coaches being on express services?
I think anything which can draw people out of their cars is a good thing.

Bowie

Seems like 54121 SP62 CGY is back or its a tracking error and its another bus tracking as 54121, but its tracking at Edinburgh right now

Bowie

48059 YJ71 GWN is supposedly transferring to Thurso at some point

And 54309 YX64 WCN and 54304 YX64 WCG are now at Tain depot

Some of Bluebird's E200s are supposedly getting withdrawn according to someone on a bus group on Facebook, due to Aberdeen’s LEZ (Low emission zone) coming into force. The E200s are as follows:

36031 SV07 FCC
36048 SV08 GUW
36066 SY57 AXR
37254 SL64 HWK
37259 SL64 HWS

Whether they’ll transfer to another Stagecoach operator such as East Scotland is unknown.

Mod note: please include the sources of your information. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Wait so a bus has actually transferred to Inverness?? I thought they didn’t like using older buses
36193 to Elgin, 36194 to Inverness, 36418 to Peterhead and 36423 to Aberdeen.

21412 has also transferred from Inverness to Aberdeen while 36031 and 36048 have transferred from Stonehaven to Peterhead and Elgin respectively.

Bowie

36193 to Elgin, 36194 to Inverness, 36418 to Peterhead and 36423 to Aberdeen.

21412 has also transferred from Inverness to Aberdeen while 36031 and 36048 have transferred from Stonehaven to Peterhead and Elgin respectively.
Is the Evora permanent or just a loan? That now takes the total number of Highland vehicles currently with Bluebird to 4. Thanks for the information, although i can’t imagine the E200 will be used for service with Inverness

48059 YJ71 GWN is supposedly transferring to Thurso at some point

And 54309 YX64 WCN and 54304 YX64 WCG are now at Tain depot

Some of Bluebird's E200s are supposedly getting withdrawn according to someone on a bus group on Facebook, due to Aberdeen’s LEZ (Low emission zone) coming into force. The E200s are as follows:

36031 SV07 FCC
36048 SV08 GUW
36066 SY57 AXR
37254 SL64 HWK
37259 SL64 HWS

Whether they’ll transfer to another Stagecoach operator such as East Scotland is unknown.

Mod note: please include the sources of your information. Thanks
36048 SV08 GUW, 37259 SL64 HWS, 27601 SV59 DDZ are now at Elgin Depot, 36254 SL64 HWK is to follow, being swapped with 36957 YX63 LHD. As such, 27803, 37255 and 37260 are now based in Aberdeenshire

Last edited:

Bowie

Another distinctly un-Citylink bus on the M96 today, doing a return trip from Inverness was enviro300 22781.
It then got swapped for 26134 at Elgin

It then got swapped for 26134 at Elgin
11171 also did the 9:30 M96 to Elgin

Anyone able to shine some light on this, 53645 KX61 GFE was tracking on the 27 Inverness to Contin route earlier. I’m assuming its a loan or something???

Last edited:

Volvodart

Established Member

36031 SV07 FCC
36048 SV08 GUW
36066 SY57 AXR
37254 SL64 HWK
37259 SL64 HWS
Seen with my own eyes, 37259 is now back at Aberdeen and 37254 will not now be transferring. They have either been quickly converted or they were Low Emission Zone compliant all along but incorrectly recorded until a few days ago.

Last edited:

Bowie

37259 is now back at Aberdeen and 37254 will not now be transferring. They have either been quickly converted or they were Low Emission Zone compliant all along but incorrectly recorded until a few days ago.
19175, 19176 and 19372 are also now at Inverness depot

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Remember to include your sources when posting information to the forum. Thanks

Bowie

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It has been announced internally that Insch and Stonehaven depots are to close from August due to loss of school tenders. Aberdeenshire has been running at a loss for quite a while now so this news isn't really a surprise, the loss of the school tenders were really just the final blow. There will also be a partial closure of Elgin depot with management, maintenance and admin functions moved to Inverness. The service changes originally proposed for last month are to go ahead in August albeit with some revisions including a new hourly cross-city route in Aberdeen.

Scotrail88

It has been announced internally that Insch and Stonehaven depots are to close from August due to loss of school tenders. Aberdeenshire has been running at a loss for quite a while now so this news isn't really a surprise, the loss of the school tenders were really just the final blow. There will also be a partial closure of Elgin depot with management, maintenance and admin functions moved to Inverness. The service changes originally proposed for last month are to go ahead in August albeit with some revisions including a new hourly cross-city route in Aberdeen.

Presume will result in service cuts to accommodate the work in other depots and turn the profitability round?

Any idea of what’s planned as simply shutting depots and moving to Aberdeen depot can’t really save enough

Bowie

So where are all the non LEZ buses that are currently at Stonehaven go? Will they just transfer to another Opco?

And while we’re on the subject of buses 19370 is currently tracking on Inverness routes

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Presume will result in service cuts to accommodate the work in other depots and turn the profitability round?

Any idea of what’s planned as simply shutting depots and moving to Aberdeen depot can’t really save enough
Insch was down to only a few duties anyway, all of which will now be operated by Aberdeen. Likewise the 8/X8 (Aberdeen - Stonehaven) and 107 (Stonehaven - Montrose) are both going to be Aberdeen woworked. The 4 and Lochside Academy runs are being axed to cater for this.

Portlethen and Inverurie will both gain an extra bus per hour to Aberdeen, the latter seeing its service improved to Every 20 Minutes.