• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

709D

Optare 47617 runnning a peak time 31 from Whitehaven this morning...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lilly Hall

Optare 47617 runnning a peak time 31 from Whitehaven this morning...

Stayed on 30/31s for the duration due to operational requirements.
47061 on "fill-in" X5 all day for the same reason.
40028 re-living happy times with a visit to Lillyhall.
52268 ran yesterday afternoon's Wyndham Academy schools'.

Last edited:

cainebj

Established Member
LL's private hire coach 52535 was in Thomas Armstrongs yard this afternoon when I passed at approx 20 past 4, assuming its for tacho re-calibration or whatever before day trips start up again very soon.

Back to all 4 Scania's on 300 today, after only 2 being on for the past few days, leading to shortages elsewhere..

CE's withdrawn 16355 put in an appearance at the bus station this morning, parked up at approx 8:20am. 16336 put in a pretty rare appearance on 38's in place of a Dart, while 16343 was screened up for Bowness 93. 16343 had been on city 67/68 this morning.

mbonwick

Established Member
They were very pleased from what I've heard, although I'm guessing it'll be a while before we see any in service.
No doubt Stagecoach will be waiting for proper WVTA approval and the development of a more standard body for it before considering ordering. Add to that the issue of gas supply....

stagecoachuk

LL's private hire coach 52535 was in Thomas Armstrongs yard this afternoon when I passed at approx 20 past 4, assuming its for tacho re-calibration or whatever before day trips start up again very soon.

Back to all 4 Scania's on 300 today, after only 2 being on for the past few days, leading to shortages elsewhere..

CE's withdrawn 16355 put in an appearance at the bus station this morning, parked up at approx 8:20am. 16336 put in a pretty rare appearance on 38's in place of a Dart, while 16343 was screened up for Bowness 93. 16343 had been on city 67/68 this morning.

Nothing rare about a decker being on the 38/66 allocation. When they have spare deckers they always stick them on there out of the way, especially during school holidays.

None of the deckers have come off at Carlisle yet which means they have 3 spare ones sitting doing nothing all day.

709D

They were very pleased from what I've heard, although I'm guessing it'll be a while before we see any in service.
No doubt Stagecoach will be waiting for proper WVTA approval and the development of a more standard body for it before considering ordering. Add to that the issue of gas supply....

Given the horrendous buses that MAN have supplied to Stagecoach over recent years, I very much doubt that they will purchase any MAN products in the near future.

mbonwick

Established Member
There is no need for it; it would be a step (literally!) backwards.

Besides, Barrow need it as a driver shuttle. Simples.

stagecoachuk

There is no need for it; it would be a step (literally!) backwards.

Besides, Barrow need it as a driver shuttle. Simples.

Believe 40028 days are up now! Not sure if its off yet but from what I gather they want shot of it sooner rather than later.

19045 at Carlisle for painting. 20131 still in store, not sure if it will be painted.

Carlisle's 2 Open Top Tridents are now parked up and have had bike racks added as well as special seats on the upper deck with the Stagecoach logo. No doubt Kendals will have the same.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Why can't they use their cars?

You're assuming they all have cars!

Besides why should drivers have to pay for petrol when driving round from point to point to do their jobs. Makes more sense to have bus to ferry them all around at once.

There is no need to have 40028 back in service at all so what it's doing is fine.

jonesy3001

Established Member
Believe 40028 days are up now! Not sure if its off yet but from what I gather they want shot of it sooner rather than later.

19045 at Carlisle for painting. 20131 still in store, not sure if it will be painted.

Carlisle's 2 Open Top Tridents are now parked up and have had bike racks added as well as special seats on the upper deck with the Stagecoach logo. No doubt Kendals will have the same.

Apparently 20131 is up for repaint prep at ME,i wonder if the B10s are gonna be used at ME when the enviro300s go to london for the olympics and 23 is gonna be a good number in the summer.

mbonwick

Established Member
Why can't they use their cars?

Are you for real?

How is a driver going to get his car back when he relieves the bus in Barrow town centre, but finishes his shift back at the depot?
Add to that the problem of insurance - he probably won't be covered to drive for business use, and nor can anyone else drive his car.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Apparently 20131 is up for repaint prep at ME,i wonder if the B10s are gonna be used at ME when the enviro300s go to london for the olympics and 23 is gonna be a good number in the summer.

I believe the B10s will be used as well as some reserve deckers which are sat at ME.

23 is indeed the magic number for this year!

andy 37

Are you for real?

How is a driver going to get his car back when he relieves the bus in Barrow town centre, but finishes his shift back at the depot?
Add to that the problem of insurance - he probably won't be covered to drive for business use, and nor can anyone else drive his car.

I would have thought he meant a company car like in Newcastle

Dallamlad

Established Member
I might have a look into having a ride into Workington next saturday, Try and have a look at your E300's, I've heard you've got 2 new ones too PX61 reg! Are they any good?

We (ME) have 12 11 plates and they are excellent from a passengers point of view. :D

CumbrianJosh

Hello. I've followed this forum for a while but have never got round to commenting on it yet..
I was in Penrith earlier and trident 18357 was on the saturday market service(usually an olympian)rather that the usual 104 duty which seemed a little strange to me... I later saw 17017 on the 104 but I have no idea what was on in 18357s place. doesn't it seem a little strange on a service with no real no floor demand..

solo 47721 on the 108 which seemed a bit unusual too.

Status
Not open for further replies.