• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stagecoachuk

Hello. I've followed this forum for a while but have never got round to commenting on it yet..
I was in Penrith earlier and trident 18357 was on the saturday market service(usually an olympian)rather that the usual 104 duty which seemed a little strange to me... I later saw 17017 on the 104 but I have no idea what was on in 18357s place. doesn't it seem a little strange on a service with no real no floor demand..

QUOTE]

Only 1 Trident on the 104 from Penrith on a Saturday, the other does Penrith Markets. The other 104 duty is provided by Carlisle.

On a Saturday the Solo does 108's as well as 105's and an early 106 IIRC.
solo 47721 on the 108 which seemed a bit unusual too.[/
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I think it's just the near side Andy, it definitely was just the N/S when they entered service.

Have 2 of the Kendal Scania'a had the 555 branding removed yet? Due to be done by now?

TheHovisKid

21007 was running short 3s today as far as I know so unless it went over there early afternoon between peak runs and came back I'm not sure what you saw!

It was on Central Drive in Morecambe, heading towards the Bus Station, lunchtime-ish to mid afternoon I think

Have 2 of the Kendal Scania'a had the 555 branding removed yet? Due to be done by now?

Why?

TheHovisKid

Surely easier to leave it on and rotate them? Presumably the other work those two will end up doing will be less arduous? Anyway,they're still non-standard livery-wise.

CumbrianJosh

one thing that worries me a little bit, I've seen a lot of the new extra 104s this week and there doesn't seem to be many people using them...
the other day in Penrith bus station 17017 came in empty from newton rigg at 15:45 and left for carlisle with 3 people on board, then 24123 left on the 16:15 almost standing full, Hopefully its just because of early days but I hope stagecoach havn't made a big mistake, to be honest I think they would be better off swapping the buses so that the tridents did the centre parcs runs and the Mans did the newton rigg/gilwilly runs...
opinions?

Blindtraveler

Established Member
isnt there a danger of the tridents being, ur, Converted to OTs on the CP approach road?
Lots a trees! From a loading POV though I agree the decker would certainly be more suited as not only more passenger carrying capacity but more space on Mondays and Fridays for luggage which is often carried by CP guests
how are the tridents coping with the rest of the run?

CumbrianJosh

isnt there a danger of the tridents being, ur, Converted to OTs on the CP approach road?
Lots a trees! From a loading POV though I agree the decker would certainly be more suited as not only more passenger carrying capacity but more space on Mondays and Fridays for luggage which is often carried by CP guests
how are the tridents coping with the rest of the run?

I don't think height is a huge problem to be honest, I have seen olympians used on the cp runs in the past when a Man is unavailable, and the A6 between penrith and carlisle is reasonably flat so the buses are fine along there, I just think its obvious to put the tridents(being 75 seater or whatever) on the busier routes rather than have a Man thats standing full 30 mins after a decker that has 5 people on it. but stagecoach seem to know best.. Rant over lol

stagecoachuk

Surely easier to leave it on and rotate them? Presumably the other work those two will end up doing will be less arduous? Anyway,they're still non-standard livery-wise.

I agree its a waste of time as they are used on schools as it is now.
I don't think height is a huge problem to be honest, I have seen olympians used on the cp runs in the past when a Man is unavailable, and the A6 between penrith and carlisle is reasonably flat so the buses are fine along there, I just think its obvious to put the tridents(being 75 seater or whatever) on the busier routes rather than have a Man thats standing full 30 mins after a decker that has 5 people on it. but stagecoach seem to know best.. Rant over lol

Give the 104 time! The Trident's are on them runs for a reason. That being they interwork with school boards where as the Enviro boards are out on the 104 all day. They are running these extra 104's to save the buses sitting in the depot all daying doing nothing inbetween schools.

From what I see on a daily basis the 104 would only justify low floor deckers on a very select few runs of the day. The 104 does not take stacks of money as the loadings would suggest. The bulk of the passengers are OAP's and worked from Center Parcs who have passes.

Stagecoach are doing a very positive thing and something that I feel is great for the Penrith to Carlisle corridor.

mbonwick

Established Member
Gotcha! You are 07andrew (again) and I claim my £10.

On the off chance that I'm wrong, E300s appear because the reliablility of the Scania E400s leaves something to be desired.

709D

Why do they use a E300 on that route when we have 4 E400's on fleet? Is there any need for this?

There are four E400's... the route requires four buses. If an E400 is defective or just off the road for routine servicing then an E300 is allocated to keep the route low floor.

stagecoachuk

16338 on the first short 300 today and then would have spent the day on the 38 & 66. It is on the 600 tonight. 16343 would have also been on 38s and was on the 79 shorts tonight.

52629 spent the day on 600's and ended up on the 185 tonight.

CumbrianJosh

16338 on the first short 300 today and then would have spent the day on the 38 & 66. It is on the 600 tonight. 16343 would have also been on 38s and was on the 79 shorts tonight.

52629 spent the day on 600's and ended up on the 185 tonight.

I popped up to carlisle today and had 17017 all to myself on the extra 104 :D
I saw 16343 on 38, 47721 is back in carlisle and was on the short 685, 34219 was on the 76, 34221 did a 66 at some point, 20547 was on a passenger service but I didn't see what.. nothing wildly unusual going on on the buses
in penrith depot 47022 was making a rare visit and had Penrith X50 on the front not sure what it was last on servicewise.... maybe it did Seatollers yesterday? and 20960 has come back from kendal I see, it was on the 105 in Penrith.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60671109@N08/

Last edited:

Class20

Anyway, back to bus matters, and Preston route 11 is being renumbered 1 at the next service changes. route 84 is also being cut back somewhat, partly due to the reduction in BSOG.

Stagecoach route 11 is being re-numbered to 1A. Journeys currently numbered as 1A will revert to run as service 1. The 1 and the 1A will have revised times across their timetables to allow better integration between the two routes.

Monday - Saturday daytime journeys on the 84 are being cut at Poulton and will no longer continue to Blackpool. Evening and Sunday services (subsidised by LCC) remain unchanged and will continue through to Blackpool.

There are also changes to a number of other routes in Preston and Blackpool including new routes and terminus points in the centre of Blackpool for the 61 and 68.

The 59 is to be increased to every 30mins from its current 60min frequency. The Accrington extensions are being withdrawn (apart from the college service) and the route is going fully low floor.

All changes from the 25th March. For full info see here: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupdatedetails.aspx?Id=4320

David.c

mbonwick

Established Member
It'll be a long time before that gets withdrawn...I can see 2017 coming and going before withdrawal!

jonesy3001

Established Member
Anyway,olympic reserve B10Bs are being prepped for going back into traffic, 21003 should have gone up to milnthorpe today for its MOT,21005 is up for repaint prep and 21004 as somehow disappeared as it was in the yard on monday night and most of the ME B10ms are scattered around the fleet, but should be back before the E300s go to london.

Dallamlad

Established Member
Anyway,olympic reserve B10Bs are being prepped for going back into traffic, 21003 should have gone up to milnthorpe today for its MOT,21005 is up for repaint prep and 21004 as somehow disappeared as it was in the yard on monday night.

Pleased to hear it! Going to be odd having a mini fleet of newly painted B10s and B10Bs flying around! Although I think the Olympic period may be a bit of a nightmare I am looking forward to the fleet variations!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.