• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North West Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste898

Would be interested to know that as well, seeing as the only active N reg is Barrow's 16339 on schools :lol: Not like Reays ex-Stagecoach M reg B10 that was used on Carlisle city services most days with the ex-Dublin Olympian (guaranteed easy access?), then there's the 5 N reg ex-Stagecoach 709D's, the ex-Go Ahead N reg open top Olympian and the ex-Arriva North Wales G reg open top Scania.

Oh dear we are getting touchy

Nice list of reays buses but strange that you missed out the main 60/12/62 reg buses they have

The n reg shed I saw was at cardewlees near Carlisle there was no number on rear screen as surprise surprise it wasn't working but it certainly wasnt on a town run!!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
Oh dear we are getting touchy

Nice list of reays buses but strange that you missed out the main 60/12/62 reg buses they have

The n reg shed I saw was at cardewlees near Carlisle there was no number on rear screen as surprise surprise it wasn't working but it certainly wasnt on a town run!!!!

So why don't you provide us with a lovely list of all the new vehicles Stagecoach have?

I will reiterate cainebj's point - you can't have seen an N reg Olympian in service in Carlisle as there are none in service!

Paul Mcgill

Live near westgate and the 6 was all MANs not a versa in sight.

17017 Was working 6s on Wednesday. Most of the 10 plate solo's off road. There should be Allocated MLS x3 Thats Versa and ML x1 Thats solo. But im keen on the MANs being on 6s and the versa's should go on 12s. Thats my idea.

ste898

So why don't you provide us with a lovely list of all the new vehicles Stagecoach have?

I will reiterate cainebj's point - you can't have seen an N reg Olympian in service in Carlisle as there are none in service!

ohhhh lol touchy

Stagecoach dont have any new vehicles in cumbria so that was easy done

Where did I mention an olympian?

I Said a N Reg SINGLE Decker!!!

ZahnradFabrik

Not a problem as that was the exact vehicle I saw right infront of me

You wouldnt be calling me a liar by any chance would you......

Easy fella! Did I directly call you that?

I'm sure stagecoach would be happy to hear of it though as it must be a rogue vehicle. (Maybe another operator is pretending to be a proper company) The closest thing to an N reg Volvo operating out of either Lillyhall or Carlisle are one P reg B10M and one P reg Olympian... But you have already ruled out the latter.

ste898

Easy fella! Did I directly call you that?

I'm sure stagecoach would be happy to hear of it though as it must be a rogue vehicle. (Maybe another operator is pretending to be a proper company) The closest thing to an N reg Volvo operating out of either Lillyhall or Carlisle are one P reg B10M and one P reg Olympian... But you have already ruled out the latter.

I would very much doubt that anyone would go to all the trouble to produce an old shed like that with the lovely stagecoach worn drab paintwork that looks 40 years old and has no shine whats so ever

I take it that you exactly every single bus that stagecoach has in cumbria?

ZahnradFabrik

I would very much doubt that anyone would go to all the trouble to produce an old shed like that with the lovely stagecoach worn drab paintwork that looks 40 years old and has no shine whats so ever

With the help of the widely available fleet list... Indeed I do!

KendalKing

Established Member
PC0002407/358 - STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Ambleside and Haverthwaite given service number 800 effective from 04-May-2013. To amend Timetable.

mbonwick

Established Member

Perhaps it's an independent operator who simply hasn't the money for a new paintjob? Plus remember that a single coat is good for at least 3 years use, no point repainting just for the sake of it!

If it's N reg its clearly not 40 years old, only 18! And I can assure you that when it was new a lot of trouble was put into producing it by the men of Volvo and Alexander's.

jazz 1

I think for some reason trying to slag Stagecoach off on a Stagecoach forum is not the brightest thing to do.

ZahnradFabrik

If it's N reg its clearly not 40 years old, only 18! And I can assure you that when it was new a lot of trouble was put into producing it by the men of Volvo and Alexander's.

Well MB in his Ste898's defence, we are only assuming its a B10M bodied by Alexander... His Volvo of that period could be Any number of variances if its not from our area...

Could be:
B6R Alexander Dash
B10M Alexander PS
B10B Alexander Strider
B10M Northern Counties Paladin

Could even be a B10M Plaxton Coach.... The list goes on! ;) :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyway, if he says he saw it, who are we to question, as its obviously not still here now! :lol:

Right guys... Drawing a line under it...

Aaaaaand..... Back to topic

Last edited:

mbonwick

Established Member
He's said it's a B10, so that narrows it down a lot.
The only B10Bs in this part of the world are Morecambe's trio (even if not all in service). Could be very wrong but I'm not aware of any B10B leaving Stagecoach for further service.
A coach wouldn't have a rear display, and Stagecoach never took and NC Palatines on N plates, the earliest were P regs.

So we're left with B10M/Alexander.

ste898

what a smug bunch you lot are

Firstly mbonwick I was being sarcastic when I said it was 40 years old and really didnt need to be told the exact age

If the window that is supposed to display the route number was working (which many dont on carlisle services) ie on those MAN hand downs that we have now

ZahnradFabrik It certainly was not a coach as I am quite sure I know the difference between a clapped out service bus and a coach

ZahnradFabrik

what a smug bunch you lot are

Firstly mbonwick I was being sarcastic when I said it was 40 years old and really didnt need to be told the exact age

If the window that is supposed to display the route number was working (which many dont on carlisle services) ie on those MAN hand downs that we have now

ZahnradFabrik It certainly was not a coach as I am quite sure I know the difference between a clapped out service bus and a coach

You may need to look closer on the ALX 300 MANs... They all have fully working rear flip dots (or did have last time I looked)

mbonwick

Established Member
So we've established that it really was a B10M (I think, your post isn't as clear as it might be - and that's not a critisism).

I'm not sure where the ALX300 MANs fit into this? I know they have rear destination displays, but then so do the majority of bus bodies. As I said, it wasn't a coach, can't have been a B10B or B10M/Paladin so we're left with it being B10M/Alexander. As was mentioned before, there's no way a vehicle matching that criteria would be in service with Stagecoach.

Status
Not open for further replies.