• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West/South West/South Wales - Fleet News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirewiper

The Torquay journeys on route 39 are:

05.47 (M-F) Torquay - Exeter
18.15 (M-F) Exeter - Torquay

These follow the same route as the 12. In addition, the 07.01 (M-F) Bovey Tracey - Newton Abbot continues to Brixham as route 12.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
E400 19006 observed in Plymouth on George Jn Park and Ride services this morning rather than the usual E400MMC.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Greetings all,

It seems that Lydney-based operator James Bevan is pulling out of public services. Recent entries for the VOSA Bus Services registrations have included cancellations, without subsequent registration of replacements by any operator, for the following routes operated by James Bevan (Lydney). The dates in brackets indicate the date that the cancellation appeared.

710 Cinderford - Beechdean - Cinderford (05-Feb-19)
711 Cinderford - St. Whites - Cinderford (05-Feb-19)
713 Cinderford - Mitcheldean - Cinderford (05-Feb-19)
714 Cinderford - Vantage Point - Cinderford (05-Feb-19)
717 Lydney - Cinderford (05-Feb-19)
727 Lydney - Parkend - Lydney (05-Feb-19)
755 Lydney - Chepstow (11-Feb-19)
757 Lydney Circular (05-Feb-19)
761 Chepstow - Beachley (11-Feb-19)

Although no registrations have appeared (as of this evening) for replacement routes I have been told on another forum that Stagecoach West is to take over all the above routes, wef 01-Apr-2019, and will operate them from Gloucester. The choice of Gloucester surprises me as I would have thought that the outstation at Coleford would be nearer for at least some of those routes.

HTIOI,
Dave

Anthony ross

They must have there reasons I guess for running the services out of glouster rather than the outstation at coleford

carlberry

Established Member
Greetings all,

Although no registrations have appeared (as of this evening) for replacement routes I have been told on another forum that Stagecoach West is to take over all the above routes, wef 01-Apr-2019, and will operate them from Gloucester. The choice of Gloucester surprises me as I would have thought that the outstation at Coleford would be nearer for at least some of those routes.

HTIOI,
Dave
I think the clue is in the outstation bit. It's likely to have a certain amount of space and no local management. Adding the extra buses would mean having to setup a depot again (like when Dukes were taken over). Has somebody from Stagecoach actually confirmed any of this, it may be that some of it ends up being worked from Bristol which is about the same distance.

carlberry

Established Member
Is there still a Stagecoach depot/outstation in Chepstow?
Not for many years now. Red and White pulled out in 2014 when it got rid of most local services. Oddly they've recently started running some again on a Sunday as the won a contract that New Adventure had been operating however the vehicles come from Cwmbran.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Is there still a Stagecoach depot/outstation in Chepstow?

Not for many years now. Red and White pulled out in 2014 when it got rid of most local services. Oddly they've recently started running some again on a Sunday as the won a contract that New Adventure had been operating however the vehicles come from Cwmbran.

Chepstow depot closed in 2008 and they threw in the local work and the stuff up to Monmouth as well as the 73 to Gloucester. However, they ran the Newport services 64/74 and the X14 from Cwmbran until 2014 when Stagecoach Cymru vacated the area. However, this approach was in contrast to Stagecoach West who were increasing their presence conversely from the East, notably with the purchase of Cottrells service and Dukes Travel.

That said, they then retreated and withdrew many of the services now listed (I think - the 713 was one), closing Berry Hill depot and instead having an outbase in Coleford, and running more stuff from Ross. The 755 is the remnant of the old 73.

Of course, First still maintain a Chepstow outstation!!

-Colly405-

Chepstow depot closed in 2008 and they threw in the local work and the stuff up to Monmouth as well as the 73 to Gloucester. However, they ran the Newport services 64/74 and the X14 from Cwmbran until 2014 when Stagecoach Cymru vacated the area. However, this approach was in contrast to Stagecoach West who were increasing their presence conversely from the East, notably with the purchase of Cottrells service and Dukes Travel.

That said, they then retreated and withdrew many of the services now listed (I think - the 713 was one), closing Berry Hill depot and instead having an outbase in Coleford, and running more stuff from Ross. The 755 is the remnant of the old 73.

Of course, First still maintain a Chepstow outstation!!
Helpful; thx!

carlberry

Established Member
Just noticed, after following a link on the Stagecoach West twitter feed that there is a consultation on changes to Stagecoach West's network in the Forest of Dean. https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promo...y?hootPostID=87f957f0fac759ca2c13021947b3321c

Dave
The proposal gives colours to each route. This suggests they're going to renumber everything to ensure they annoy all existing passengers, make all the bus stops out of date and make all the 'how to get here' references anybody uses redundant overnight!
I do hope they're not going to try route branding buses as Cheltenham & Gloucester is shocking at keeping them anywhere close to the correct route!

MarkC

Following on from their successful bid to take over Plymouth City Council work from Target last November, Stagecoach are now taking over Devon county council subsidised bus 89 Tavistock circular from this week also from Target. Not sure why only the 89 at present?

Wirewiper

Following on from their successful bid to take over Plymouth City Council work from Target last November, Stagecoach are now taking over Devon county council subsidised bus 89 Tavistock circular from this week also from Target. Not sure why only the 89 at present?

Maybe it was the only route being tendered at this time.

Stagecoach has an outstation in Tavistock which may have helped.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Does anyone know what vehicles are being used in the Rail Replacement between Taunton and Exeter? Going down to Torquay tomorrow from Cardiff.

LAIRA

Does anyone know what vehicles are being used in the Rail Replacement between Taunton and Exeter? Going down to Torquay tomorrow from Cardiff.
Certainly no Stagecoach buses but lots of First Kernow coaches plus some ex SPS. Also some local operators Taw & Torridge, Redwoods Spearings and others.

father_jack

KX05 TWK on Anchor road Bristol this 1900 this evening running dead. What would make that end up there does anyone know ?

carlberry

Established Member
KX05 TWK on Anchor road Bristol this 1900 this evening running dead. What would make that end up there does anyone know ?
Inbound it could be the 3A terminating at Ashton, outbound it could be a 3A terminating at the Centre. Either way the driver might have some plan of how to get home faster by going that way.

DaveHarries

Established Member
From today's VOSA Bus Service registrations it would seem that Stagecoach South West are to make a raft of changes to their routes, mostly in the Torbay area, during April. The changes registered, at least so far, are all wef 14-Apr-2019, are as follows:

New Routes:
35A (35C, 35A) Torquay Strand - Torquay Strand
77 Newton Abbot (Hele Park - Buckland)

Revised Routes:
12 (12, N12) Newton Abbot - Brixham
22 (22) South Devon College - Dawlish Warren
23 (23) South Devon College - Paignton
31 (31) Torquay Strand - Barton (Padacre Road)
32C (32C) St. Marychurch - Torquay Grammar School
32P (32) (Plymouth) St. Budeaux Square - St. Budeaux Square (wef 15-Apr-2019)
88 (88, 88A, 88C) Newton Abbot - South Devon College
110 (110) Torquay - Totnes
FOX (Fox) Paignton Bus Station - Foxhole
X64 (7A, 7) Exeter Bus Station - Totnes
X64B (92) Totnes - Dartmouth
Gold (Torquay - Totnes)
GoldA (Gold) Totnes - Plymouth

Cancelled Routes:
34 (34) Torquay Strand - The Willows
X46 (46) Exeter Bus Station - Paignton

Thoughts on the above:
- interesting that it seems nightbuses might be on the way to Torquay: wonder how busy they will be.
- I think it odd that the 34 is being dropped as I would have thought that would be a fairly busy route considering it is the main route through most of the areas of Torquay that it serves. I wonder if the 35A & 35C are replacement routes in a circular format? Perhaps changes to the 32 might follow and whether the changes to the 31 might be related.
- Traveline South West dues not currently list as Service 77 in Newton Abbot but the route through Buckland is the 88/88A/88C. Hele Park, it seems, is a newbuild on the western edge of Newton Abbot. I wonder if a route change is to see the 88/88A/88C being dropped from Buckland and the 77, a new service which will also serve Hele Park, started in its place.

Dave

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
From today's VOSA Bus Service registrations it would seem that Stagecoach South West are to make a raft of changes to their routes, mostly in the Torbay area, during April. The changes registered, at least so far, are all wef 14-Apr-2019, are as follows:

New Routes:

Revised Routes:
12 (12, N12) Newton Abbot - Brixham
22 (22) South Devon College - Dawlish Warren
23 (23) South Devon College - Paignton
31 (31) Torquay Strand - Barton (Padacre Road)
32C (32C) St. Marychurch - Torquay Grammar School
32P (32) (Plymouth) St. Budeaux Square - St. Budeaux Square (wef 15-Apr-2019)
88 (88, 88A, 88C) Newton Abbot - South Devon College
110 (110) Torquay - Totnes
FOX (Fox) Paignton Bus Station - Foxhole
X64 (7A, 7) Exeter Bus Station - Totnes
X64B (92) Totnes - Dartmouth
Gold (Torquay - Totnes)
GoldA (Gold) Totnes - Plymouth

Cancelled Routes:

Thoughts on the above:
- interesting that it seems nightbuses might be on the way to Torquay: wonder how busy they will be.
- I think it odd that the 34 is being dropped as I would have thought that would be a fairly busy route considering it is the main route through most of the areas of Torquay that it serves. I wonder if the 35A & 35C are replacement routes in a circular format? Perhaps changes to the 32 might follow and whether the changes to the 31 might be related.
- Traveline South West dues not currently list as Service 77 in Newton Abbot but the route through Buckland is the 88/88A/88C. Hele Park, it seems, is a newbuild on the western edge of Newton Abbot. I wonder if a route change is to see the 88/88A/88C being dropped from Buckland and the 77, a new service which will also serve Hele Park, started in its place.

Dave

Well, First have been running night buses in Weymouth??

The X46 is going though.... wonder if another registration is due or is it chopped outright?

richw

Veteran Member

Maybe it was the only route being tendered at this time.

Stagecoach has an outstation in Tavistock which may have helped.

Stripped of the contract for compliance issues surrounding incorrectly displayed destination displays after multiple warnings. The warnings were specific to that route so presumably some key figure resides or uses that route

MarkC

Interesting. Must say I think Target are guilty of this on most routes, so surprised complaint relates to 1 route only, namely 89. Not good though for them as surely DCC will be watching like hawk now and it has not been smooth contract with Target. Any ideas when other routes tenders are up? Maybe some more Stagecoach gains?

TheWalrus

Established Member
Well, First have been running night buses in Weymouth??

The X46 is going though.... wonder if another registration is due or is it chopped outright?
I doubt it. Not unless the council pays. Apparently it used to be busy every hour, similar to X38 but Stagecoach have messed it up.

DaveHarries

Established Member

New Routes:

[.....]

Cancelled Routes:

Thoughts on the above:

Dave
The timetables for the 35A and 35C are on Traveline South West and they incorporate the full routes of Services 32 and 34. The cancellation of the 32 has not yet been registered but I expect that to appear in the next few weeks. The 35A will be Torquay Strand - Watcombe - The Willows - Torbay Hospital - Chelston - Torquay Strand while the 35C will be the reverse thereof.

The frequencies of the 35A and 35C each way will be:-
- Mondays to Saturdays: 20 minutes (daytime) / 30 minutes evenings
- Sundays and Bank Holidays: every 30 minutes (daytime & evening)

Curiously the Sunday journeys seem to run 5 minutes later than the Bank Holiday ones. Wonder why.

Dave

CMRail

Gloucester Depot have just recieved 4 Enviro 200s from West Scotland. These are SF10 *** reg vehicles and I believe 4 Enviro 400s are due to leave Gloucester depot according to an Operations Supervisor. 5 more are due to arrive on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.