• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Code Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Had to think about that for a while, was thinking it'd be somewhere near Middlesbrough, then I remembered your alternative location ;)

Damn! Of course one of the few people on here to know that happens to wander by just at the wrong moment :lol:;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
KSW - Kingswood?
Nope. (BTW you can check this using LDB, or Stations Made Easy, etc...)

I've looked it up so I can't have a go now!

Damn! Of course one of the few people on here to know that happens to wander by just at the wrong moment :lol:;)
Max would probably not be impressed if I didn't get it, either! :lol:

Though I've only got a train from there about twice, and once was because I got the wrong train!

Anyway someone else needs to guess KSW - it's not Kingswood (clue: Kingswood to KSW is a ludicrous £108.40 for a SSR, and the fare is priced by EC. Another clue: the W makes no sense!)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Edit: I've realised why the W exists now; the station used to have a slightly different name! I would never have guessed it. The place that would have been known as KSE would have closed as a station before these 3-letter codes were implemented, I'm sure, but trains still passed through the location until 1989. Quite a tough choice by MattE2010.

HST Power

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that KSW is in fact Kirkby Stephen station in Cumbria.

Therefore, try this one.

TAU

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
We have not received a correct answer to RHA, but as we have moved on - the correct answer is ROBIN HOOD APT (according Avantix Traveller) - Sorry to IanPoole for semi taking that one over!

TP

Currently on

:smile:

---------------------

Haven't looked this one up - Taunton?

MEC

seagull

KSW as Kirkby Stephen? Wow, that's surprising.

And I now know why - 'formerly known as Kirkby Stephen West'.

Learn something every day! :)

TAU must definitely be Taunton which allows me to make a guess at:

MEC: Metrocentre? Although based on some so far I have a sneaky feeling it won't be that simple... :D

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
KSW is indeed Kirkby Stephen - I never knew about the 'West' suffix, thanks!

MEC I think is Meols Cop near Southport, in which case:

BRA

seagull

Heh, I'm not very good at this game! :lol:

Does make me realise that you would often not be able to guess a three letter code for a station - I wonder how they were decided, and what criteria were used.

seagull

Abton Cridge? :lol:

Acton Bridge unfortunately is the AB but not the C... unless it used to be known as Acton Bridge Central... :D

I can't think of anything better than imagination's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.