• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stobart Rail class 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottm

Taken from WNXX

92017.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
::shock::shock::| Looks OK I suppose

Last edited:

Daimler

Established Member
Yikes! It's ghastly. Why the fading out of yellow front-end and really poor colour-blending on the side?

mbonwick

Established Member
Dreadful. And not in a good way.

Myself and a friend were discussing this, and we decided that the grilles on a 66 break up the bodyside transition. We reckoned that the 92 needs the red lining carried all the way around.

The white should only start at the top of the cab windows.

fgwrich

Established Member
Couldnt see the picture on here so i found it and heres the link
http://www.wnxx.com/images/92017.jpg

It does look pretty awfull...What makes it look just as bizarre is that it still retains the 'Chunnel' rings on the side...

DRS Stobart 66
http://www.nwrail.org.uk/mr090724-cambrian-crewe-4a.jpg

HHHHHMMMM
To be honest i think there both god awful liveries...but the 66 does look better...the 92...

The only thing im glad they havent gone and done is to follow the mock up the did for Rail Express magazine, which fetured DBS red Roofs...

But i agree...it really dosent look that good at all...

Last edited:

delt1c

Established Member
What makes it look just as bizarre is that it still retains the 'Chunnel' rings on the side...
That aint Chunnel Rings its M25 Rings signafying Dartford , Bell Common and Homesdale tunnels, thought everyone would have known that

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Not all of us have/want to have wnxx logins- the pictures are only visible if you're logged in there. As I'm not, this is being treated as a broken image link by my browser.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
yikes.

Thought there was something weird going on with the perspective in the photo, making the near end look smaller than the far, but I've used an image analyser and that's not the case. Odd.

Anyway, it's hardly as if Stobart trucks are particularly subtle, and the Stobart Pullman was a bit a of a horror.

TDK

Established Member
Doesn't look that bad but would be better if the pattern on either side of the cabs met through the middle

Saw it this morning at Bescot and first though it was a 60, looked very nice, better than the boring grey livery on the others

Have they painted over the tunnel circles on the side because they can't get them off? Looks like a 12 year old designed the livery. What happened to good graphic design and subtlety?

It just makes another locomotive look like a box of soap powder. Pretty soon every loco on the rails will be painted in a different livery.

Bring back Rail Blue!

scottm

Not all of us have/want to have wnxx logins- the pictures are only visible if you're logged in there. As I'm not, this is being treated as a broken image link by my browser.

no need to be like that! I had no idea that the link was treated that way! :roll:

RPM

Established Member
Messy, very messy.

Please DON'T bring back rail blue though. It might look quaint now but it was wrist-slittingly boring when everything was painted like that.

bnsf734

Is it still named?

Cant see any nameplates on the phote - perhaps it will become another Eddie the Engine!! how about Eddie the Electric Engine?:D

Looks like 86401 on steroids. Still it certainly stands out, which could not be said of the grey 92's

Calv

Last edited:

Class 37

Looks almost as if the Blue "Stobart Rail" panel has been pinned to the side. Its clunky and old looking. Don't like it meself

Established Member
I think the guy who did the words "stobart rail" got a bit too exited, bit too big I think. maybe some sort of fade or if they fitted it in a band going across from the bottem of the window and keep the top half white with the name put on a nameplate

fgwrich

Established Member
Messy, very messy.

Please DON'T bring back rail blue though. It might look quaint now but it was wrist-slittingly boring when everything was painted like that.
Sorry...but ive got to agree...friend of mines into rail blue and has quite a good few o guage rail blue locos...makes me glad to think im happily working on my Night Rivera project again:)

As for Brat the Engine... Again...

YUCK...

Status
Not open for further replies.