• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT driver routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone here know which routes waterloo based SWT drivers sign? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Depends on the link, but the cover pretty much everywhere as far as Salisbury and Bournemouth.

455/8

The starter links only sign the suburban routes from memory it's Hampton crt, Dorking, Kingston Loop, Shepperton, Chessington S, Hounslow rounders, Guildford (Via Epsom, Cobham & Woking) Weybridge Bay & Windsor. They also sign Wimbledon Park depot, Clapham yard & south sidings I believe I'm sure there's a waterloo or ex-waterloo driver here that can correct me if I'm wrong.

455/8

In the starter link at Fratton the Drivers only sign 450/444 for traction, as for routes I think it's waterloo to portsmouth hbr via guildford and waterloo to portsmouth hbr via basingstoke. I'm not too sure but think they also sign southampton but I'm not 100% sure on that. They also sign clapham yard, portsmouth & SS carriage sidings & Fratton Depot.

As for the Guards they also sign 444/450 as the starter traction, however I think they also sign poole as well as waterloo to portsmouth hbr via guildford & basingstoke.

As for the Guards they also sign 444/450 as the starter traction, however I think they also sign poole as well as waterloo to portsmouth hbr via guildford & basingstoke.

Thanks for that 455/8! I'm guessing that over time I would sign more routes covering more of the network? I want to find out as much as possible as I potentially have an interview soon as I have just passed my Commercial Guard assessments.

I got the train up to Basingstoke on Wednesday on the Waterloo service from Fratton, on the way back at Basingstoke I noticed the same Guard working a service to Weymouth from Waterloo. I have no idea where he was based though. I'm guessing Fratton as it was an early service up to Waterloo.

455/8

Thanks for that 455/8! I'm guessing that over time I would sign more routes covering more of the network? I want to find out as much as possible as I potentially have an interview soon as I have just passed my Commercial Guard assessments.

I got the train up to Basingstoke on Wednesday on the Waterloo service from Fratton, on the way back at Basingstoke I noticed the same Guard working a service to Weymouth from Waterloo. I have no idea where he was based though. I'm guessing Fratton as it was an early service up to Waterloo.

If you get into the higher links at Fratton you'll sign the 158/9's and romsey rounders, again I'm not sure if you'd sign any others. It is possible to work a say a weymouth train for part of the journey, I would assume that the trains you travelled on were a Fratton Guard that worked the weymouth train as far as Bournemouth where another crew would take over which is the norm for most depots and long distance routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.