• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T.O.D Freedom Of South West Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
I am looking at buying a 8 in 15 day Freedom Of The South West Rover for October using the FGW website, as you cant book online and pick nearly every other Rover up from a TVM is it possible to pick it up from a TVM at a local station in Lancashire? I ask because I am not sure if they will print them or not as they are not like a normal ticket ( the date boxes )

Thanks in advance for any help or advice given

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Are they available for TOD collection? I was under the impression that Rovers bought from the FGW website is only available for delivery via the post.

_ollie_

Rovers purchased on the FGW website can only be posted (paid or free). It's not currently possible for them to be done as TOD.

Last edited:

bnsf734

I have bought both a Devon and a Cornwall Day Rover ticket from Nuneaton station simply by asking for it over the counter. Likewise a TfGM Wayfare ticket. Both in the last few few months.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
There is no advantage in purchasing a rover ticket in advance because if plans change, although in theory they're refundable with a £10 admin fee, in practice it would probably involve excessive faff to get it sorted.

As other have said they can usually be purchased anywhere, not just in the area they relate to although sometimes this does cause faff in the clerk can't/won't find the ticket on their system.

Sprinter

As other have said they can usually be purchased anywhere, not just in the area they relate to although sometimes this does cause faff in the clerk can't/won't find the ticket on their system.

I agree with this, not all clerks (especially out of area) will know how to issue this ticket. I once went to London Waterloo to buy this very ticket (combined with a London-Shrewsbury SVR) so I could stay on the same train through to Axminster.

However, it took about four clerks and fifteen minutes for my ticket to be issued and by the time I had it I literally had 30 seconds to run to the train otherwise I would have had 2 hour wait!

So if you wish to buy this ticket from your local station, allow good time to do so!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.