• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T & W Metro recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

railfan249

Haven't heard anything yet either. Still hopeful though. If we're moving at a rate of 16 per year, then even if there's 60 in the holding pool, all 60 should be contacted within 5 years? Hopefully...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cusaeng

Haven't heard anything yet either. Still hopeful though. If we're moving at a rate of 16 per year, then even if there's 60 in the holding pool, all 60 should be contacted within 5 years? Hopefully...!

He he look on the bright side :)
It’s unftunate but we can’t all start at once and it’s one of those things.
Tbh the interview really threw me and when I walked out I honestly didn’t even expect an invite to Doncaster so I’m happy to have gotten this far. Just need to play the waiting game.

Dave

Anth82

I'm the same Cusaeng, grateful to have gotten this far and happy to be patient. Always still desperate to know what's going on though

TG123

Nothing from me. By the time medicals and contracts are arranged February seems a more realistic start date

doug3807

most people need to give at least 4 weeks notice as well should hopefully hear something this week

Gas18

Has everybody still not heard anything after doing the questionnaire?

Thought we might of heard this week - definitely looking like February

doug3807

phone call on Thursday I am in the first class starting first week of Feb medical on the 2nd of Jan

Last edited:

Gas18

Well done mate

Looks like I didn’t make it - thought we would of been told either way before Xmas - if I didn’t make first class I’m I automatically in the next one or do I go back in the pool ???? Would love to know .

doug3807

not sure mate the 1st 16 where to be contacted then split in to 2 classes of 8 1 class starting in Feb then 1 in Sept I think

Gas18

Yeah on the call was told first 8 - would be starting new year then the next 8 around July / August but course starting date not guaranteed- assuming I haven’t had a call looks like later on next year for me

Frankfurt

Ideally they'd want to start all 16 in February but can't. They don't have enough classroom trainers, trains or driver coaches to facilitate 16, it's a struggle with 8 at times.

There will probably be at least 1 school planned for 2019 as well. Driver numbers are dwindling and have the potential to cause problems due to a shortage. There are drivers retiring, some semi retired/part time drivers who can go whenever they want, drivers taking up other roles within metro. Then there are plenty moving onto other tocs/focs, some having just left, many more just waiting on start dates and masses having interviews and assessments etc.

Gas18

Thanks for the info Frankfurt appreciated.

Still haven’t heard anything ..... anybody else in the same boat so to speak ?

railfan249

Thanks for the info Frankfurt appreciated.

Still haven’t heard anything ..... anybody else in the same boat so to speak ?

Exactly the same, haven't heard anything. Don't worry too much though. We have five years, and by the sound of things it's likely that all 60 may get called in that five years. Plenty of time!

Gas18

I was one of the first 16 contacted and done the personality test.
Being told I might make the February course if not the next one - was just wondering if anybody else had heard anything that had done the online personality test.

doug3807

I have my medical tomorrow on the 2nd of Jan I am deffo in the 1st group starting in Feb

doug3807

How did the medical go Doug? What did it consist of?
it consists of hearing ,sight with and with out glasses , blood pressure,ecg there was a problem with the ecg and had to go back today but all is ok so passed medical

Anth82

it consists of hearing ,sight with and with out glasses , blood pressure,ecg there was a problem with the ecg and had to go back today but all is ok so passed medical
Great news! You must be over the moon, to pass and that's your ticker is working .

GBRail

Hello everyone, bit late in joining the party but thought I would finally get involved.
I, like the majority of people on here am on the waiting list. I see from the comment above that there was a course in Feb. Are people on the course enjoying it so far?

Has anyone heard on the grape vine of any further dates for new courses or any other news for that matter?

Cheers

doug3807

hi iam on this 1st course this week is induction week we have just done are pts so far the course is good

GBRail

Fantastic. Have you guys been told when you’re due to finish your training?

Gas18

Hi - there is one course due to start after the feb course finishes around 5-6 month . The next 8 have been contacted and iam one of them and we are due to be told within next 2-3 months of a def start date further on in the year .

Ps glad your enjoying the course Doug - can’t wait to start

doug3807

Hi - there is one course due to start after the feb course finishes around 5-6 month . The next 8 have been contacted and iam one of them and we are due to be told within next 2-3 months of a def start date further on in the year .

Ps glad your enjoying the course Doug - can’t wait to start
yes there will be 1 starting when we finish in approx 26 ish when you start give me a shout if I can help you in any way

Gas18

yes there will be 1 starting when we finish in approx 26 ish when you start give me a shout if I can help you in any way
Thanks very much mate appreciate it - can’t wait to get involved , hopefully working alongside you in the future ..

What week do you actually get to go in the cab ? Is the training at the Gosforth depot ?

doug3807

Thanks very much mate appreciate it - can’t wait to get involved , hopefully working alongside you in the future ..

What week do you actually get to go in the cab ? Is the training at the Gosforth depot ?
yes training at gosforth depot week 3 I think we start shunting in depot

GBRail

I bet you guys starting after this course cannot wait! I wonder if when you start your course the next 16 will be contacted. Here’s hoping anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.