• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T & W Metro recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernRailways

Established Member
There has been a mass exodus since this time last year, probably between 20-30 drivers who have either gone to other TOCs/FOCs or are due to leave in the next few months. This isn't including those due to retire. Word has it that drivers are being balloted for strike action as this year's pay offer is a load of crap.

Both RMT and Aslef have rejected the pay deal. From what I’ve heard the unions have already issued an intention to strike so don’t need to ballot for it as it was part of the original vote. They are in talks again on Thursday this week I believe and are going to try and get a strike in over the busy Christmas period. The CSAs have also voted down the pay deal afaik.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anth82

For those waiting I have just received a call saying that there was a school starting on 20th of Jan. I have taken a position with Northern so had to decline the offer. Good luck to those still waiting!

Nickcos2

I'm still waiting for the phone call. Does anybody know how many people are left in the holding bank?

Broot

For those waiting I have just received a call saying that there was a school starting on 20th of Jan. I have taken a position with Northern so had to decline the offer. Good luck to those still waiting!

Mind if i ask what the role is? i didn't see any adverts for none qualified drivers for training.

Frankfurt

I'm still in the holding bank so you're not alone. Can't wait to get that phone call though!

You'll get in at some point next year as they need to run as many schools as possible due to the continued exodus of drivers. I'd say sit tight and await the call, or give them a ring and they might be able to give you approximate dates.

Nickcos2

Did anybody else still in the holding bank receive an email asking if we still want to remain in the holding bank as it has been nearly 2 years since the tests?

Frankfurt

Could the current applicants expect a 2 year wait?

Your score from tests and interview will determine how long a wait you have. Should you pass everything you'll be placed in pool with everyone else - highest scorers will be employed first in that order until pool is exhausted. I imagine training schools will run constantly for foreseeable future due to current number of driver's leaving or retiring.

ModernRailways

Established Member
did you apply during the 2017 intake mentioned on this topic? Could the current applicants expect a 2 year wait?

Yes. Each training class takes around 5-6 months, with about 10 people in each class. You could be looking at up to late 2021 to actually start if you're just applying now.

Once one class finishes a new one begins, it's a constant circle now due to Metros revolving door.

Cyclist

Your score from tests and interview will determine how long a wait you have. Should you pass everything you'll be placed in pool with everyone else - highest scorers will be employed first in that order until pool is exhausted. I imagine training schools will run constantly for foreseeable future due to current number of driver's leaving or retiring.

Yes. Each training class takes around 5-6 months, with about 10 people in each class. You could be looking at up to late 2021 to actually start if you're just applying now.

Once one class finishes a new one begins, it's a constant circle now due to Metros revolving door.

Thanks guys. Posted my application today so fingers crossed I get an interview.

Morning everyone, been following this thread for a week or so now. Applied for this position a couple weeks back. Currently serving in the Royal Air Force, good luck to everyone who applies.

Bon

Anyone else still in the holding pool?

I am, after speaking to HR following the recent email from them it sounds like they are hoping to start another course in September or October and another early next year

Asterix925

I am, after speaking to HR following the recent email from them it sounds like they are hoping to start another course in September or October and another early next year

That’s good to hear. Hopefully not long now then

Comfy

Anyone know what the first stage interview will consist of? Will there be tests as well as an interview. I know psychometric tests will be done at some point in the process just wondering if they will be part of the initial interview or will it be other tests or just an interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.