• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL Fares Increase 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicbasher

Established Member
Mixed-mode via zone 1 isn't frozen at all, either peak or off-peak, except for fares involving zones 7–9 – there're full fare tables in the annexe of the document I linked to earlier. Contributing to that is an increase in the peak zone 1 mixed-mode add-on by 10p.

Apologies, I skimmed through the document and misread 1.14.

However it's good to see ATOC have agreed to implement half price on Oyster 16+ benefitting young people commuting to college on NR services in addition to those who currently benefit using TfL modes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon11

Established Member
I'm amazed at how well the press believe this tfl price is a good thing.

I feel sorry for the poor punters outside of london commuting in!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It also had restrictions, such as you couldn't use it between Queens Park and Harrow and Wealdstone on the Bakerloo line and couldn't be used on NR at all, even after 0930.

Indeed - we were talking about a TfL-only card so you wouldn't expect to be able to use it on NR (although today you might expect to be able to use it on LO).

The Anytime Day Travelcard was a massive improvement.

For a while both were available with the LT card costing less so people had the choice as to which was best for them - I'm sure those whose journeys suited the LT card didn't think it was a massive improvement when it was withdrawn.

bicbasher

Established Member
For a while both were available with the LT card costing less so people had the choice as to which was best for them - I'm sure those whose journeys suited the LT card didn't think it was a massive improvement when it was withdrawn.

Indeed, when it comes to cost, but we in London expect integrated travel as standard. Look at the Emirates cable car to see what happens when it doesn't have integrated ticketing.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Indeed, when it comes to cost, but we in London expect integrated travel as standard. Look at the Emirates cable car to see what happens when it doesn't have integrated ticketing.

I'm, not sure what your argument is here. No-one's saying we should get rid of Travelcards, merely that there could be other options.

We have Bus and Tram passes. Are they bad because you can't use them on the tube and trains? Or good because they're an extra option?

bicbasher

Established Member
I'm, not sure what your argument is here. No-one's saying we should get rid of Travelcards, merely that there could be other options.

We have Bus and Tram passes. Are they bad because you can't use them on the tube and trains? Or good because they're an extra option?

Big difference with B&T is they're clear on what they can be used on. A LT card would have issues when transferring rail modes, not to mention the confusing matter of London Overground with Joe Public, especially if they then decide to use Southern (or another TOC) with which LO shares track with.

In any case, there's more chance of hell freezing over than the relaunch of a paper ticket which was only useful to a minority of passengers before 0930 weekdays.

bicbasher

Established Member
I believe this is to re-calculate Travelcards and PAYG NR fares which have been given a subsidy by the Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.