• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL Night Tube Operator 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron81

Just got the same email..... guess they wanted a select few... good luck to those still in it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teddyward

Just received a rather bizarre email . I did well in my application but it did not meet the current benchmark but that this benchmark may be reviewed and I will be contacted in a month to update. I am “on hold”.

Teddyward

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining at all but I thought there would have been enough applicants to not have a pool of almost but not quite.

Chanelle25

Just received a rather bizarre email . I did well in my application but it did not meet the current benchmark but that this benchmark may be reviewed and I will be contacted in a month to update. I am “on hold”.
Hiya,
I am hoping to hear something soon as still awaiting outcome of application and SJT.... so are TFL keeping a few people on file?

kimmyg

Same here :( says I performed well in the online test.

Chanelle25

Same here :( says I performed well in the online test.
Hiya

Gosh at this rate I'm assuming I'll receive the same e-mail? And yes I also wonder what the benchmark is.....as and when I'm emailed I'll let you know my outcome.

abc1234

All the internals have been given assesment centres, im guessing everyone who got the "on hold" email are just waiting until assesment centre days are freed up, please advise if you know any external candidates who got invited to assesment centre.

Teddyward

Just read through last years long train op thread. Some people there got same email and ended up getting invited for testing. Don’t give up!

R9mmel

All the internals have been given assesment centres, im guessing everyone who got the "on hold" email are just waiting until assesment centre days are freed up, please advise if you know any external candidates who got invited to assesment centre.
I'm external and I received an invite

slidingdoors

Whatever the benchmark it's higher than last year. I recognize the names of people that eventually went through after being on hold last year. They seem to have not met the benchmark based on the responses last week and are out. And those that did meet the benchmark last year without going on hold, are now on hold for this one (assuming people answered Largely the same as they would have last time). We only know of one who's been invited for assessment it seems and must have scored very well.. Maybe a lot more competition from internals this time round and/or less positions available . So more competitive.

UnicornFlump

Yup. Received this afternoon.

“Please accept our apologies for the delay in updating you; whilst you performed well in the online test, you haven’t met the current required benchmark to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. However, at this stage we would like to keep you on hold as we may review this benchmark in the future. “

I passed the SJT last time I applied last year

abc1234

Really quite confused as to how the SJT works or what they're looking for. With regards to all question i always answered the option where all the rules were followed, and situation where my free time would be hindered to help colleagues or customers i always chose to help them. Are they looking for you to be more selfish?

Lem

Really quite confused as to how the SJT works or what they're looking for. With regards to all question i always answered the option where all the rules were followed, and situation where my free time would be hindered to help colleagues or customers i always chose to help them. Are they looking for you to be more selfish?

I suppose it depends on whether safety or the service was hindered to help colleagues/customers as well

abc1234

Yeah even then i selected the options that prioritized safety or work that needed to be done immediately first. how did u select these options?

Lem

Yeah even then i selected the options that prioritized safety or work that needed to be done immediately first. how did u select these options?

I can't remember to be honest but definitely would have put safety first even if it meant being 'selfish' in some scenarios! I haven't heard anything back yet

abc1234

I can't remember to be honest but definitely would have put safety first even if it meant being 'selfish' in some scenarios! I haven't heard anything back yet
maybe youll get an assesment day since everyone else got put on the waiting list.

Barry K

I also received "Good, but not quite good enough, but we'll be in touch if we lower our standards"

At least, that's how I read it! Lol

Barry K

Just noticed....

Did anyone else notice the e-mail was for the Train opeTator - Night Tube, not Night OpeRator - Night Tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.