• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Concrete Cow (21 & 28 Jan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Hi,

I've posted this a bit too close to the time, I know, but places are still available on the repeat tour of the Concrete Cow on Saturday 28 January. Track includes Brentford Goods, Colnbrook, Wolverton Works and Swanbourne. Traction is 2 66s (I think!). Pick up is at Paddington only, with a set-down point at Bletchley, and into Euston at an exceptionally early 1733.

http://www.ukrailtours.com/tourshow...n_trains&tourfile=120121_THE_CONCRETE_COW.txt

Anyone on either already?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
66085 won't please many...it had two outings on UKR diners before xmas.
But 66213.....:)

As far as I can see 213 has only done a VSOE before so I suspect everyone on board needs it. 085 is a crate though, had it to Ludgershall last month. Just branching off to Colnbrook, more dud track...

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Probably different next weekend unless 085 sticks around. Haven't splashed out on any xmas dinners so is a winner for me!

egg426

Is the train still early? I was hoping to see it go over the flyover at 1520/1550 - never seen anything up there before!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
A couple early ATM, just on approach to Wolverton. Quite a bit of slack though, so could well be early.

egg426

Cheers for that. Will be on it next week :P Didn't get a great pic, but here we go:

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 83

theblackwatch

Established Member
A couple early ATM, just on approach to Wolverton. Quite a bit of slack though, so could well be early.

About 10 early into Euston...decent tour despite the dud 66 and time for a couple of drinks and a meal before my train north. Should be back in around midnight!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Indeed. The earliness gave me a 4 minute connection for me train back north ex-Euston, meaning I'm home for half eight!

Established Member
Early arrival didn't make any difference to me (other than having more time for a chat with the driver who brought it back to Euston whom I havn't seen for a bit). Enjoyed the tour, scratching in one new loco (213) and the bit of track at Wolverton; also rated the "bang road" move through Wembley Central on the Up Slow to North Wembley - done it before but always like to see some creative regulating to keep stuff moving.

eMeS

I live in Milton Keynes and would be grateful of some indicative timings for Bletchley, Wolverton & viaduct traverses so that I can get some photos next weekend.

Many thanks

theblackwatch

Established Member
Glad I didn't go on the second of these tours, as it wasn't only a repeat of the track, but one of the 66s (66213) also repeated and I'd had 66200 twice before.

yummy125

I went on the 2nd tour (28th) & had a great day, loads of people taking pic's etc.

Not bothered about which loco's are on booked on the trains as my days of clearing classes are overs nice i've done most of the country. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.