• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dr1323

I'm checking every 30-60 minutes it makes it so much worse
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well it's Friday? And still no news. Well happy Friday everyone have a good weakend I am signing off now

Gordo

Well it'll be a year on the 5th of Feb since I applied. That's a milestone I never thought I'd be talking about. :(. I take it no one has had a call today?

chaffy75

Hi Everyone,
I have applied for a position with Southern, in Brighton. I believe I have passed all the stages, the last being my medical a few days ago. I have been told by Trudy Ann in recruitment to just wait for a start date. Looking back through a lot of threads I see there has been a long wait for a lot of people.

Have you all been told that you are in a 'talent pool'? I don't think I have.

Bucko

Hi Everyone,
I have applied for a position with Southern, in Brighton. I believe I have passed all the stages, the last being my medical a few days ago. I have been told by Trudy Ann in recruitment to just wait for a start date. Looking back through a lot of threads I see there has been a long wait for a lot of people.

Hi Mate

Firstly well done.

On your final point, I spent a lot of time on here saying the same about myself. I never actually got told the words I was in a talent pool but others on here were telling me I was. Now we are all at the stage of waiting a few months, when we get email updates informing us of the situation it does indeed say I am in the talent Pool awaiting a course date to arise.

What I will say tho, is you wont be told you are in the TP, until you have officially passed your medical ( think my results and confirmation email came through about 5 or 6 days after the medical itself ).

Anyway, well done, and be patient. Its not easy waiting for the call, but I spose a train driver needs to be level headed and patient so we accept it.

Good Luck.

Dave999

Hi Everyone,

I'm in a similar position to you apart from being told by Trudy-Ann that she will send me for a medical when she has my start date, no word of a talent pool. That's positive that you've just had a medical though, they must be planning to start you sooner rather than later.

chaffy75

Bucko,

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'm now in the same boat with a lot of you guys and gals
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi Dave 999,

I thought receiving my medical date was positive also as Trudy Ann had told me I wouldn't receive my medical date until HR knew about start dates. We'll just have to wait out I guess

RedZed

Hi Mate

What I will say tho, is you wont be told you are in the TP, until you have officially passed your medical ( think my results and confirmation email came through about 5 or 6 days after the medical itself ).

Good Luck.

Sorry mate but you're wrong. I've got several emails stating quite clearly that I'm in a talent pool... and I'm still waiting for a medical - (passed DMI last July).
However, I don't doubt that those who have already passed their medicals and are in the TP will be picked up before me.

Bucko

Sorry mate but you're wrong. I've got several emails stating quite clearly that I'm in a talent pool... and I'm still waiting for a medical - (passed DMI last July).
However, I don't doubt that those who have already passed their medicals and are in the TP will be picked up before me.

Apologies

From my own experience I never heard the words ' Talent Pool ' until after I'd passed everything, and even then it was ages after on an update email.

I began questioning whether people who had been told they were in a TP were in a different 'group' to those like me who'd never heard the words used at all.

Now the updates confirm I am indeed in a TP.

traintraining

Another new week... Last Bedford course was in November earliest they can start us is in March meaning almost 3-4 month gap since the last Bedford course

Last edited:

traintraining

Another week done another week closer to a phone call ��

I just hope so... Its been 12 months since i applied... I know many peope would jump to be sitting in the position im in, so im grateful i got this far jus the last hurdle is the most hardest and tiring having this in the back of my mind

dr1323

I just hope so... Its been 12 months since i applied... I know many peope would jump to be sitting in the position im in, so im grateful i got this far jus the last hurdle is the most hardest and tiring having this in the back of my mind

I know exactly how you feel 12 months since I applied keeping my fingers crossed to hear something soon

465fan

I do feel sorry for the Bedford boys but it's seemingly being handled as quickly as possible. I know Three Bridges was very quick for apply, tests, medical, onto a course and London has been a bit longer but I can imagine Bedford and Blackfriars must be agonizingly close.

332 > 444

Yes, so far everyone who had them has passed, I got the link beforehand off somebody so I've re-applied. I spoke to them on the phone and the lady had said it was a mistake and to just re-apply. That job application like now has a closing date of 19/2 instead of 29/1 so fingers crossed this time and A-game.

Have patience all of you, the MTR heads passing interviews aren't starting till next year albeit at least getting a date! :)

class373

Hi guys, I was in the talent pool with TL and GN and through a kind request I'll now be a trainee train driver with another TOC. Just a quick thank you to all and hope you guys get a start date soon! P.S if you apply with another TOC you may have to do the medical again! I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.