• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sikes 88

Sorry for the vague message. I got invited to interview. In the process of sorting it out though as I have taken and passed all assessments. So waiting for a phone call. The assessments are taking place in Croydon though

465fan

Had a word. Turns out recruitment is being handled by the "Southern" crowd at Croydon hence the need for people to now have interviews there. Transpires that the first courses are the middle to end of January now and then up to May.

El-Alamein

Had a word. Turns out recruitment is being handled by the "Southern" crowd at Croydon hence the need for people to now have interviews there. Transpires that the first courses are the middle to end of January now and then up to May.

On that basis would that not mean those of us that are in the pool (medicals completed or not) would be contacted this month or next...??

*just thinking out load*

Sounds promising though :)

Wallicio

Way too much, sit tight, crack open a bevvy and enjoy the wait ?????? not long now ??????

Amex88

Exactly what I was told bt Claire. Come January there will be courses and dates given out for 3 to 4 months. Was spot on!

Bobbybox

If theirs courses in January you would need to be told be December to sort out leaving your job

Dave999

It will depend on which depots need the drivers as to who gets called I suppose, at assessment I was told January also for Cambridge and Kings Lynn applicants. Cambridge applicants are still going through the process so Jan would cut it a bit fine so who knows how it will play out.

dr1323

There could be move arounds plus we are not sure how many people are in the same position and not on this forum

Who did you speak with to get the info regarding courses mate?

Tenthghost

Well I've just tried ringing on the number on the previous page and it wasn't the right number.

Amex88

Tell me about it! All this waiting around can't be good! Surely there must be some updates!

Memetim

I appreciate that you guys are keen to get news, but calling HR weekly won't make things move faster. They can only train 8 people per course, it isn't a short training process and there are limited trainers and training venues. I know people who waited 3 years in the talent pool before starting, I was expecting at least a years wait before getting a call when being sent the 'you passed and have been put in a talent pool' email. Places will be allocated as depot spaces and training places become available. Just be patient and relax now whilst you can, once the training starts you won't have much time to :)

dr1323

Does any one know the time scale between courses say for instance day Peterborough start classroom based learning how long before the next lot for Peterborough start their course

Memetim

Does any one know the time scale between courses say for instance day Peterborough start classroom based learning how long before the next lot for Peterborough start their course

Depends on how many drivers that depot needs. The courses tend to have people for more than one depot, there could be one course split between KX, Cambridge, Hitchin and Peterborough for example.

dr1323

Depends on how many drivers that depot needs. The courses tend to have people for more than one depot, there could be one course split between KX, Cambridge, Hitchin and Peterborough for example.

Makes sense a little just assumed 8 people for peterboirgh or kings cross are in the course

Memetim

There's not always 8 people needed at once, also it would mean 8 DIs from that depot would need to be available at the same time which is unlikely.

dr1323

Makes a bit more sense now so if they end up with 2 di in London 2 in Peterborough and 6 somewhere else they will then recruit the next 8

flymo68

Our group started at the beginning of October, we are 4 Peterborough, 3 Cambridge and 1 Hitchin. There has been another group started since then and another due around the first week of December.

The ongoing wait is purely down to manpower resources, frustrating I know when you're waiting, but the time will come :)

Sgiot

While I understand the posts encouraging those in the talent pool ( which includes myself ) to 'be patient and not to be concerned at the lack of forthcoming information regarding course dates' , I can't help but be just a little concerned that, in response to the above post, 24 new starters will be on a course from October to December, yet how many of those 24 post on this forum ? . I might be wrong but my estimates would be approx 1 in 10 ? . That's an awful lot of courses before they get to some of us languishing at the tail end of the list.

dr1323

I would be interested to know the thameslink side of the rough breakdown of the classroom how many Bedford and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.