• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RedZed

I have not received one can someone post what the email says on here please

And lets all post our credit card details here while were at it.

Not being funny but if you were meant to see the details of the email, surely they would have included you in the recipient list?

I'm not sure how you think that you will benefit from reading an email that wasn't sent to you.

Dottypea

Not being funny but if you were meant to see the details of the email, surely they would have included you in the recipient list?

I'm not sure how you think that you will benefit from reading an email that wasn't sent to you.

Email received from GTR at beginning of August:

Dear Candidate,
Govia Thameslink Railway was joined by Southern and Gatwick Express on 26 July 2015 becoming the largest Train Operating Company in the UK.
We have launched a new recruitment system representing all four brands: Gatwick Express, Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink.
Therefore please can you re-register on our new recruitment system at GTRailwaycareers.com, to have access to the vacancy list and application process.
Please note: If you have previously applied for a vacancy on the current GTR recruitment system gtrcareers.com, your application will continued to be process through the system. However for any future vacancies you will need to re-register on the new recruitment system.
We are always keen to add new talent to GTR, thank you for your interest shown in working for our company and good luck with your future career.
Regards,
GTR Recruitment Team.

To be fair you have posted the contents of an email you received previously, so why not again?! Was everyone who read that post on the recipient list of the email? How many people benefited from seeing that post?

I'm pretty certain that like everyone else in the talent pool, dr1323 just wants to know what is happening with their application. If that means gaining some insight by asking what other people have been told you can't blame him, I know I would be doing the same thing.

RedZed

To be fair you have posted the contents of an email you received previously, so why not again?! Was everyone who read that post on the recipient list of the email? How many people benefited from seeing that post?

I'm pretty certain that like everyone else in the talent pool, dr1323 just wants to know what is happening with their application. If that means gaining some insight by asking what other people have been told you can't blame him, I know I would be doing the same thing.

A simple search of this forum would have provided the details (and I did say , if people bother to read and comprehend information that is posted here) that it was basically the same letter that was sent previously with amended contact details.
The difference is I can follow a simple instruction from HR ie "Please wait to hear from us", whilst others it seems, cannot.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well said...........BUSTED !

Really?

Sgiot

I was only having a bit of fun. I did think you were a touch harsh though. I know what it's like when it seems like others are getting information that you haven't yet been party to.
I must admit though, if I read another......"it's Friday" post, I think I'll scream ??????

dr1323

I received an email a couple of weeks back when I emailed them just wondered if it was the same email I received as I received new contact details of the person in charge of recruitment at hr

Wallicio

Nice to get an email before Crimbo but as has been said before, cant see any courses for us lot in Jan as we are running out of notice time?

dr1323

Did you eventually recieve an email?

None yet I did email them a few weeks ago and I had a reply but it was answers to my questions and they gave me some new update details for contact at hr I assume this is what everyone is receiving? I'm not to worried just would be nice if that is the email they are sending out and why I have not received an email as they have given me what they are giving to everyone else

traintraining

None yet I did email them a few weeks ago and I had a reply but it was answers to my questions and they gave me some new update details for contact at hr I assume this is what everyone is receiving? I'm not to worried just would be nice if that is the email they are sending out and why I have not received an email as they have given me what they are giving to everyone else

At this point in time we do not have a specific start date for you however please be aware that the 2016 driver recruitment plan is in progress and once we have a definite vacancy we will contact you to progress you.

This is the main thing i highlighted from the email which i recieved last week...

what did others make of the wording?

W230

Established Member
HR are totally snowed under at the moment. Was talking to a few newbees in the company last week (for various roles including driver) and it seem some of them only received their contract the end of the week before starting, though they had received a phone call from HR with a start date. Not sure that's ideal if you need to give notice though - I wouldn't want to quit a job until I had that contract in my hand! :lol:

Anyway, GTR say they will have recruited a further 164 drivers by the end of this seemingly ongoing recruitment phase (admittedly I don't know how far through that they are, neither do I know if this includes the masses needed for 'Southern') so there are still plenty more places up for grabs. :)

dr1323

At this point in time we do not have a specific start date for you however please be aware that the 2016 driver recruitment plan is in progress and once we have a definite vacancy we will contact you to progress you.

This is the main thing i highlighted from the email which i recieved last week...

what did others make of the wording?

Yeah pretty much what my email said so I will take that as I will not get a email as they have already sent me pretty much the same email. Anyway thanks for letting me know

OpsWeb

I have a sneaking suspicion that recruitment will continue throughout 2016, which should be definitely seen as a positive.

I know this is about the GTR talent pool, but I heard on the grapevine that Southern are still short of drivers, and with a fair few going over the GTR side for various reasons - there should hopefully be plenty of trainee driver opportunities coming up.

irish16

Ive been told by driver manager that trainee drivers in 2016 is going to be massive.

They are training so many and they said they are snowed under and still need more.

Hope this helps and u all hear soon.

Bucko

Ive been told by driver manager that trainee drivers in 2016 is going to be massive.

They are training so many and they said they are snowed under and still need more.

Hope this helps and u all hear soon.

Cheers Irish, it does help mate, in fact every bit of info drip fed to us keeps the spirits up in the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.