• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The GTR talent pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twedds74

^^ sat my assessments with MTR who have a very high pass mark, and only received the automated reply straight after application. Spoken to HR, but they just said it's taking along time to get through the sifting process, but 4 months and waiting so far, and it did say on automated reply that they will contact shortly either way!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WDS2015

^^ sat my assessments with MTR who have a very high pass mark, and only received the automated reply straight after application. Spoken to HR, but they just said it's taking along time to get through the sifting process, but 4 months and waiting so far, and it did say on automated reply that they will contact shortly either way!

Sorry thought this thread was just about the GTR talent pool

Wallicio

Get it in early.

I would like to wish everyone who is sat in the pool a very happy new year and I hope you all get a phone call soon.

(4th Jan preferably ??????)

All the best
Wallicio ??????

dr1323

Get it in early.

I would like to wish everyone who is sat in the pool a very happy new year and I hope you all get a phone call soon.

(4th Jan preferably ��)

All the best
Wallicio ��

Same to you mate and the rest of the pool happy new year to one and all

Dr132

Amex88

Happy new year everyone in the pool! Very best wishes to all this year and may we all be progressed very soon ;)

Amex88

traintraining

Back to work tomorrow and back to normal .... So should in theory GTR HR aswell, i just hope they are proactive in getting us on courses!!!

Amex88

Hope so!! :) I'm going to wait a week. And then maybe give them a phone call. See what's going on! Maybe there is news! Fingers crossed

WDS2015

Happy New year all

Let's hope we are all starting on courses by the end of March/April which was supposed to be the plan.
Here's to a prosperous 2016 training for the end goal

RedZed

Hope so!! :) I'm going to wait a week. And then maybe give them a phone call. See what's going on! Maybe there is news! Fingers crossed

I emailed them several days ago for an update and got a response the same day informing me I was still in the talent pool and that this was the only information they could provide at this point in time and they they will let me know when they can progress me.

I interpret that as "Don't call us... we'll call you."

Scattle

I heard from a current GTR Driver over the xmas/new year break, that there are roughly 12/14 Instructors in training at the moment, who will be free to start instructing courses soon.

OpsWeb

I emailed them several days ago for an update and got a response the same day informing me I was still in the talent pool and that this was the only information they could provide at this point in time and they they will let me know when they can progress me.

Just out of interest, which email address did you find best to contact them on?

Amex88

Yeah I kind of understand that. However it won't hurt to call. Maybe things change. I mean they can Change rapidly on the railways believe you me.

Let's see what happens.

JohnFM

Maybe things change. I mean they can Change rapidly on the railways believe you me. .

Yeah, good idea. Things will change just at the same moment you ring from how they have run recruitment for the past ten years! :roll:

What do you think they will tell you? "You're in luck, training starts in two weeks!"? They are famously tight lipped. All TOC's are.

Folk have had their phone call offering them a training date one day after they got an email to say "Don't call us we will call you". I even recall one person getting his call the very same day he got an email telling him to wait! (Can't remember the name)

Amex88

Yeah, good idea. Things will change just at the same moment you ring from how they have run recruitment for the past ten years! :roll:

What do you think they will tell you? "You're in luck, training starts in two weeks!"? They are famously tight lipped. All TOC's are.

Folk have had their phone call offering them a training date one day after they got an email to say "Don't call us we will call you". I even recall one person getting his call the very same day he got an email telling him to wait! (Can't remember the name)

Yeah I guess your right. Good point. Always been a waiting game anyway. So yeah... Still looking forward to it though.

RobSmith

I spoke to a mate just before Christmas who started his training on June 1st last year, I believe this was the last group!? He has completed all his classroom training and is just waiting for DI availability. This says to me they will be starting courses very soon. If I've heard nothing by Friday I will be ringing them Monday morning to see if I can get any new info!

dr1323

I spoke to a mate just before Christmas who started his training on June 1st last year, I believe this was the last group!? He has completed all his classroom training and is just waiting for DI availability. This says to me they will be starting courses very soon. If I've heard nothing by Friday I will be ringing them Monday morning to see if I can get any new info!

Does he work tl side or gn side?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Or she

Memetim

First 6-7 months (varies depending on time of year as bank holidays will affect assessment dates) are classroom based, so no DI required until then.

RobSmith

7 months he's been training and still not with DI?

Nope. He's quite annoyed as he's just being sent out route learning which is part of what he would do if a DI was available. I believe he was part of the 3rd group that started last year and I guess they don't have many DI's to cover off all the trainees.

traintraining

There were rumours that there would be courses in February...hopefully these will materialise...6 weeks notice takes us currently to last week in February... This is becoming increasingly frustrating now not knowing !!

inthearea

Nope. He's quite annoyed as he's just being sent out route learning which is part of what he would do if a DI was available. I believe he was part of the 3rd group that started last year and I guess they don't have many DI's to cover off all the trainees.

Just so you know - if he started in june he was the 8th or 9th group of last year to start - definately not the third. They have run out of DIs and that is why they are being sent out route learning.

RobSmith

Just so you know - if he started in june he was the 8th or 9th group of last year to start - definately not the third. They have run out of DIs and that is why they are being sent out route learning.

Now that I didn't know, I was just guessing before. I'm hoping I hear something soon as I'm really fed up with my current job and just want to leave now!

inthearea

You will get there but its best to just wait if im honest - the school is over run theres too many trainees and no DIs.

There was at least 12 or 13 groups last year and only up to the 6th group are out actually driving and the 6th group do not have DIs. You can see how many are in and the groups behind will just end up route learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.