• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Hogwarts Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearJammer

Can anyone tell me if the loco that hauls the Hogwarts Express is still in service or has its boiler ticket expired?

Also, bearing in mind i live on the southcoast, when and where is a good time to see it running if it does indeed still run.

The missus wants to see it, any help would be good ta.

Regards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNER 373

At the moment (or as two weeks ago) she was at NRM Locomotion at Shildon, Co.Durham, see my blog for pics, it's under the heading day with the NRM Part 1 got about 7 shots of her!

As for her running, she has done a few runs within the last year, not sure when the boiler ticket runs out, anyone else know?

sprinterguy

Established Member
As for her running, she has done a few runs within the last year, not sure when the boiler ticket runs out, anyone else know?
According to the UKsteam website, Olton Halls' main line certificate runs out in 2014 and its' boiler ticket expires in 2017.

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/locos.htm

It must have undergone an overhaul in the middle of the Harry Potter film series then, assuming that the boiler ticket is for the usual ten year period?

Status
Not open for further replies.