• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

The next station will be Cradely Heath, Cradely Heath our next station stop.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Stourbridge Jn, Stourbridge Jn our next station stop.

Lampshade

Established Member
My go now <:D

As I was robbed of my previous victory, which we can now ignore, I'd like to start us at Tees-side Airport.

Robinson

An immediate Parliamentary bonus then (I think?)

We'll start by heading away towards Dinsdale.

Any advances on the rules for trains which don't stop at every station?

EDIT: We've got to Dinsdale, so I'll bring us forward to Darlington.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Then on a CrossCountry Voyager to York.

Robinson

Two different routes off.

With Selby - Doncaster (is that allowed?)

With Pontefract Baghill - a rather more straightforward continuation on to Moorthorpe.

Robinson

And that, surely, is the same thing as the Crewe-Euston one which we had in the last round? Fast train, missing out a heck of a lot of stations?

Lampshade

Established Member
And that, surely, is the same thing as the Crewe-Euston one which we had in the last round? Fast train, missing out a heck of a lot of stations?

The precedent is set due to Eagle doing Crewe - Milton Keynes Central on page #2.

If we're accepting it, new station set at Buckshaw Parkway.

If we'd like to add a 'negative easement' to avoid non-stop London services, we're at Retford.

Up to the majority.

Robinson

Starting at Buckshaw Parkway we continue to Chorley.

Another question: when is reversing out of a station OK? It was disallowed earlier at Lime St. but not at Selby.

Lampshade

Established Member
Starting at Buckshaw Parkway we continue to Chorley.

Another question: when is reversing out of a station OK? It was disallowed earlier at Lime St. but not at Selby.

Reversing is fine, such as at Manchester Airport because you're not doubling back. At Lime Street any reversal would involve doubling back through Edge Hill so it wouldn't be allowed.

Last edited:

adtrainz

Some adjudications (have I spelt that right?)

If the station is served by a faster service along any passenger line, it is valid provided that you quote the operator and route

This is quoted from rule 2, which in this case validates any fast service, so long as it is included in the timetable. In other words, if a player wishes to travel from Newcastle to Kings Cross, they can, provided they say "The Flying Scotsman" or something along those lines. (There'd even be an "A long wait..." bonus!)

Double backing is allowed, as long as you do not use a station which has already been used, e.g...

York-Kings Cross (quote service)-Finsbury Park-Stevenage (quote service) is valid.

Stevenage- Kings Cross-Finbury Park-Stevenage is not valid.

Finsbury Park- Kings Cross- Peterborough (quote service) is valid.

The next points totals...I'll work it out some time soon.