• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The problem with First Scotland East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Is it me or are they following Lothian's style of numbering Airport services? all we need now is a 500 from either company to make a clean 6 services (100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600).

Perhaps, but also First have a 500 in Glasgow. Using x00 numbers for Airport services is nothing exclusive to Lothian. It's the same with the use of 7xx and/or 7x7 numbers.

Nice livery but a heavy whiff of Photoshop there :D
Its possible its real, as it looks like the Ingliston waste ground/old market/car park area which is right next to the run way.

It looks real to me.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
And of course in typical First fashion, it was running the X23 this morning. They’ve always been horrific at making sure route branded buses are on their own routes.

My guess for that would be that the vehicle list has not been updated to show them as branded yet, Aberdeen suffered a similar issue when the Enviro500s were branded up for the 1/2.

overthewater

Established Member
isn't that the one that does a peak am peak and switches over? I dont believe the deckers operate the 3am - 7am runs?

Driver362

I must admit as an ex.first employee ,it dose lol good if not better in real life than it dose in the pic aye the just got the Ryan air to do a fly bye "buzz the big pink bus please pilot"

Arriva Fan

Is it me or are they following Lothian's style of numbering Airport services? all we need now is a 500 from either company to make a clean 6 services (100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600).

I think it's their MDs idea. He did the same at ASW, with the 600, 500 & 800 all serving Glasgow Airport.

route101

Established Member
Apparently one of the sn66 e400s was on x78 Glasgow to Newton Mearns service

Status
Not open for further replies.