• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The ticket layout was changed before March?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gostav

When l arrived at February and started my first journey by British Railways, the tickets layout like this.
28087268617_c647a839fd_z.jpg

And since March when l traveled again, the ticket was changed to this style until today.
It looks like the tickets has a big layout changes, they almost redesigned all information location in the ticket.
28087292817_94c62881d9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KevinTurvey

I noticed they started issuing these about 6 months ago from some Merseyside stations.

To be honest I think they are a step backwards - the old ticket design is a familiar design, nicely set out and gives you all the information in an instant; the new ticket design is a bit of a jumble and you have to stop and read it.

It would be interesting to hear from staff who have to check them - I bet it takes them longer!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
This process of change has been going on gradually for a couple of years. You can get either format depending on the particular brand of ticket vending machine or staffed booking office you are using.

There are a number of existing threads covering this.

E_Reeves

Established Member
I've had both constantly alternating and it's quite confusing. I quite liked the large paper tickets I've had from XC before though.

Gostav

I noticed they started issuing these about 6 months ago from some Merseyside stations.

To be honest I think they are a step backwards - the old ticket design is a familiar design, nicely set out and gives you all the information in an instant; the new ticket design is a bit of a jumble and you have to stop and read it.

It would be interesting to hear from staff who have to check them - I bet it takes them longer!

Well, l find some information from internet "The (old) ticket is currently being re-designed as it has been criticised for being difficult to understand and has led to costly mistakes for the travelling public." Maybe public have different opinions between the old and new design.

E_Reeves

Established Member
I prefer the old design. It looks a lot more organised and quicker to find the information you need.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I haven't had an old style ticket for almost a year now.
I didn't think you could get them anymore

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Some TVMs at Euston still issuing the old style.

Status
Not open for further replies.