• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We exit the station and take the six minute walk along Atherton Street to Morrisons, where we board the 1838 Arriva North West service 411 to Woodside (Interchange), arriving there at 1905 on Friday evening.

backontrack

Established Member
Next, we walk to Birkenhead Hamilton Square rail station, from which we board the 19:11 Merseyrail Wirral Line train service to Liverpool Central, arriving there at 19:20 on Friday evening.

DanTrain

Walking the 0.2 miles to Lime Street, we then board the 19:56 TransPennine Express service 1E51 to Scarborough, arriving at 22:33 Friday evening.

backontrack

Established Member
We decide to call it a day, and retire to our accommodation.

Morning comes! We have options. The one we plump for is the 04:54 TransPennine Express rail service to Penrith North Lakes, arriving there at 06:35 on Saturday morning.

Last edited:

ValleyLines142

Established Member

Morning comes! We have options. The one we plump for is the 07:26 TransPennine Express rail service to Penrith North Lakes, arriving there at 08:57 on Saturday morning.

There are way earlier services. There's one at 0454 for Penrith.

backontrack

Established Member
There are way earlier services. There's one at 0454 for Penrith.
I agree, but this service is permitted by the rules...moreso, who in their right mind is going to wake up before five to board the train to Penrith when there is one at half seven, especially when they've been travelling until half-past one?

I like my moves to be realistic ;) Honestly, I think that service is pretty much purely for people who want to arrive in Glasgow before nine.

Esker-pades

Established Member
I agree, but this service is permitted by the rules...moreso, who in their right mind is going to wake up before five to board the train to Penrith when there is one at half seven?

I like my moves to be realistic ;) Honestly, I think that service is pretty much purely for people who want to arrive in Glasgow before nine.
Afraid not. There is allowed to be a break between 23:00 and 05:00. Even allowing for the 2 hours plus interchange time, 07:24 is still too late.

backontrack

Established Member
Ah, well, in that case it'll have to be the 04:54. So:

Morning comes! We have options. The one we plump for is the 04:54 TransPennine Express rail service to Penrith North Lakes, arriving there at 06:35 on Saturday morning.

DanTrain

Waking ourselves up with a strong cup of coffee, we wander outside of the station to find the 07:06 Stagecoach Cumbria and North Lancashire service X5 'Gold' to Thornthwaite, opp The Swan Hotel, arriving at 07:52 Saturday morning.

backontrack

Established Member
After enjoying exploring Thornthwaite Forest, we return to the Swan Hotel where we board the 08:54 Stagecoach Cumbria Gold route X5 bus service to Keswick (Bus Station at Booths, Stand 1), arriving there at 09:07 on Saturday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I agree, but this service is permitted by the rules...moreso, who in their right mind is going to wake up before five to board the train to Penrith when there is one at half seven, especially when they've been travelling until half-past one?

It's entirely fictional though; the whole point of the game is to keep moving.

After enjoying exploring Thornthwaite Forest, we return to the Swan Hotel where we board the 08:54 Stagecoach Cumbria Gold route X5 bus service to Keswick (Bus Station at Booths, Stand 1), arriving there at 09:07 on Saturday morning.

We then board the 0935 National Express service 541 to London (Marble Arch/Park Lane), arriving there at 1850 on Saturday evening.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Rules
  • You shouldn't wait for more than two hours after the first available service (to any destination) has left, after allowing for the minimum interchange time.
    • Night services in the UK can be quite limited, so when the previous move arrives at its destination after 2300 you are allowed to wait until 0500 the next day if you wish.
    These extracts from the rules of the quiz have not been amended in any way to the best of my knowledge with regards to the starting and ending times of the overnight travel relaxation rules.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 2113 Blue Triangle service 147 to Newham University Hospital (Newham Six Form College), arriving there at 2128 on Saturday evening.

DanTrain

Walking the 0.4 miles to Barking Road/New Barn Street, we then board the 21:48 Arriva London service 325 to Prince Regent Bus Station (Stop Q), arriving at 21:55 Saturday evening.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 2214 Stagecoach London service 473 to North Woolwich (Free Ferry), arriving there at 2225 on Saturday evening.

DanTrain

We could board the ferry, but seeing as it's dark anyway, we decide to take the foot tunnel instead. From Woolwich High Street at the other end (0.4 miles/9 mins), we board the 22:40 Metrobus service 51 to Derry Downs, High Street/Carlton Parade, arriving at 23:20 Saturday evening.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 2355 Metrobus service R4 to Princess Royal Hospital, arriving there at 0015 in the early hours of Sunday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 0410 Stagecoach London service N8 to Leytonstone High Road (Thatched House), arriving there at 0438 on Sunday morning.